Legal Recruitment Specialist
The New York Legal Recruiting Specialist coordinates the on-campus recruiting process, the summer program, and provides assistance and direction with regard to lateral hiring and law school relations. Along with the Sr. Recruitment Manager, the Specialist is a "face of the firm" for all New York attorney hires, and is called upon to ensure that the recruiting efforts and events run smoothly and consistently.
On-Campus Recruiting: Plan and execute on-campus and call-back interviews. Evaluate resumes, participate in strategy planning, and provide statistical reporting for weekly hiring committee meetings. Attend hospitality suites and organize materials for on-campus interviewers.
Summer Program: Manage summer programs which includes event planning, work assignment allocation, coordinating work evaluations and processing final reviews. Other responsibilities include assisting with orientation, offers, tracking attendance at events, working with outside vendors, etc.
Law School Relations: Work with the Law School Relations Manager regarding OCI process, effective recruitment methods, candidate-specific issues, sponsorships and other proposals for firm participation at law schools. Act as lead organizer for student groups and Career Services Office-led activities.
Lateral Associate Recruiting: Assist Sr. Recruitment Manager to devise strategy to proactively build pipeline. Oversees data input and status of recruitment activity in LawCruit, arranges interviews, manages due diligence process and prepares offer letters. Support and promote diversity initiatives.
Firmwide Initiatives & Ad Hoc Projects: Along with the Sr. Recruitment Manager, the Specialist works closely with the Training and Professional Development team to support firmwide recruiting, retention, and diversity initiatives. Assist with ad hoc projects and initiatives as needed.
Statistical & Other Reporting Responsibilities: Oversees preparation and compilation of legal hiring statistics book, and other statistical information throughout the year. Assists with dissemination of information to relevant members of firm leadership. Assist the Sr. Manager with updating necessary statistical data needed for surveys and reporting materials to Management, the Hiring Committee, and Human Resources, when necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in law firm or professional services firm. Prior law firm recruitment experience or law school career services experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload. Must be able to handle pressure, extended hours (if requested), and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel, as well as others outside of the firm.
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills, and ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Willingness to participate in weeknight events required.
- Travel required.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top