Human Resources Manager
GENERAL SUMMARY: The HR Manager is responsible for supporting the Washington, DC office regarding general HR issues such as compensation, recruitment, relocation, diversity, training and organization development, either in conjunction with the HR team and will be a core member of the Goodwin HR team. This leader will serve as the subject matter expert on human resources and equally as a business partner in making critical decisions that will shape the business from a strategic and operational perspective. This role will have key accountability in influencing the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategies and operational plans. The HR Manager will develop and execute against key priorities related to driving a robust Compensation Governance and prioritization process for the DC Professional Staff. Additionally, this role will have accountability for the development and execution of workforce plans in partnership with business leaders and key HR colleagues. The incumbent will provide coaching to the senior leadership and will work with other members of the Goodwin HR team to ensure alignment with regional and organizational HR/Business Unit initiatives. The incumbent will also work with HR colleagues across the HR function to develop and execute key HR strategies and initiatives in support of the business strategy and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will be involved in all aspects of service delivery including staffing, compensation, and talent management, providing support, reporting on progress and surfacing issues to senior management as appropriate.
- Primary Responsibilities: HR Planning and Execution – Coordinates and manages initiatives in support of business unit HR strategy for assigned clients; ensures consistency and alignment of HR initiatives; surfaces issues as programs are implemented and informs senior management as needed.
- Performance Management – Understands tools, process and strategy to ensure flawless execution of performance management process. Tracks and monitors execution of performance management process and line business results. Provides cycle management support. Advises and coaches leaders and managers on specific and/or sensitive performance related situations.
- Will assist, as necessary, in inquiries regarding ER issues.
- Tracks and reports on initiative/program progress against metrics and milestones.
- Change Management – Supports change management project deliverables and engaged in implementation of resulting interventions. May implement/integrate business unit change initiatives across offices. Supports the communication of related changes.
- Compensation & Benefits – Supports the transactional elements of compensation projects; partners with Compensation to review trends, surface issues and resource problems. Works with Compensation and the business on job evaluations, determining the appropriate course of action and understanding/communicating the business perspective.
- Organizational Development – Supports the implementation and execution of programs related to the business unit’s effectiveness, may be involved in action planning. Provides feedback on personal and managerial effectiveness to the local leadership team which may span multiple locations. Advises and coaches leaders and managers on the HR implications of business decisions, providing an objective perspective and challenging business decisions, when appropriate. Supports action items from our Engagement Survey, utilizing tools for integration.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience and Qualifications Bachelors or equivalent with 5+ years of line HR experience or Masters with 3+ years of experience
- Skills and Knowledge HR functional knowledge, ability to administer HR policies and strategies HR consultation and coaching applying tools and techniques to guide and advise leaders/managers in initiatives Performance management guidance and support for processes, systems, tools and best practices
- Positive track record of partnering with functional specialty areas: compensation, benefits, HRIS, recruitment and learning and development.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s in OD or MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of related human resources management experience.
- SHRM certification preferred
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Jordana pulls together legal transaction documents for her clients, most of whom are start-ups and many of whom are in Clean Tech.
Back to top