Human Resources Assistant
Goodwin Procter is a leading Am Law 50 and Global 50 law firm, with offices across the United States and in Europe and Asia. Founded in 1912, today we are more than 850 lawyers who excel at complex transactional work and high-stakes litigation. The HR Assistant plays a critical role in Goodwin's fast-paced HR Department. The HR Assistant works closely with the NY HR team to provide a high level of client service to all firm employees and external contacts. Reporting to the Senior Manager of HR, the HR Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of human resources tasks and projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide NY based HR support to the NY and DC offices.
- Process and ensure quality control of employee data in the firm's HRIS and time entry systems, including new hires, terminations, department changes, title and salary changes.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new hires, including but not limited to: scheduling orientation meetings, assembling new hire binders, conducting new hire orientation, collecting and processing paperwork, including form I-9.
- Assist with the organization and management of personnel files including regular e-filing.
- Assist employees with questions related to time off, general benefit offerings, and other HR related policies/practices.
- Point of contact for employee verification requests.
- Assist in the interview/recruitment process by scheduling interviews and greeting candidates.
- Process HR invoices and unidentified mail.
- Provide assistance to the Compensation team during peak processes, assisting with compensation letters, proofing, communications, meeting materials.
- Provide support to New York Sr. Manager, HR and Sr. Manager, Compensation as needed.
- Additional tasks to support the HR Department as needed.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Poised, professional and able to take a proactive and collaborative approach to work and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of integrity and excellent judgment; respects, protects and maintains confidentiality.
- Outstanding attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with all levels in the organization.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors/Associates degree preferred.
- Experience working in a professional services environment preferred.
- High proficiency with the Microsoft Suite required. Experience with Visio and PowerPoint a plus.
- HRIS and/or experience with data entry and manipulation helpful.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Travel: Infrequent if at all
Environment: Office environment, sitting for long periods of time.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top