This individual will be a key member of the Finance team responsible for supporting all monthly reporting, forecasting, financial planning, budgeting and ad hoc analysis activity across the Firm. The position will be part of the finance business partner team, supporting the firm’s functional departments or revenue generating practice areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop effective, efficient and accurate reporting templates for use in performing actual vs. plan, forecast, and prior year variance analysis at various levels.
- Participate in development and implementation of financial and operating metrics supporting practice group management. Analyze financial information, key operating metrics and produce analytical reporting packages.
- Leverage existing systems to enhance the quality, efficiency and timeliness of business financial reporting. Recommend system and process enhancements and changes as necessary to advance efforts to increase and improve content, presentation, and method of production of Financial Planning Analysis for successful outputs.
- Support the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in working with Department Directors and Practice Area Leaders to establish and execute financial objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel. Experience using cube-based analytical tools and familiarity with running reports and inquiries out of General Ledger (GL) systems and other database applications (e.g. MS Access, preferred).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills and ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within the firm.
__EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- 2 - 4 years of related financial experience including (analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting), ideally in a professional service organization; law firm experience preferred.
Back to top