Executive Assistant – Finance
The Executive Assistant will provide primary high-level administrative, and project management support to the Finance departments CFO in addition to the Managing Director(s) and Manager(s) by managing the administration and coordination of the department, interacting with all levels of management throughout the firm, liaising with internal staff members at all levels, and external clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calendar maintenance; coordinate, manage and maintain schedules, appointments and travel arrangements.
- Prepares and submits expense reimbursements and invoices for processing;
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events, prepare agendas/receive and interact with visitors and clients (internal/external);
- Assist with document management including updating and editing documents in word, powerpoint, etc.;
- Assembles and distributes confidential financial information to the partners and senior management, including month-end financial reports, budget information, annual report; tax and compensation information.
- Maintains the central filing system for key legal, tax and financial documents; ensures these documents are secure and can be accessed quickly.
- Maintains the Finance department's INet website as needed, which includes updating on-line forms, key contacts and the Chart of Accounts.
- Maintains the Key Task timetable for the department to ensure that all important tasks are included and completed on time meeting deadlines; proactively communicating to team the status of tasks and deadlines.
- Manages pulling data and organizing the process for insurance applications, bank account maintenance and platform set up.
- Processes and maintains vendor contract documentation in document management system.
- Supports tax manager in coordination of various state composite election forms to partners each year. Maintains and tracks a spreadsheet of responses, which are needed to prepare the firm's state composite tax returns.
- Assists with the administrative process of generating the firm's required tax payments and mailing tax returns by the required due dates during the year.
- Responsible for raising monthly rent invoices for sub-tenants in the firm's offices.
- Responsible for processing requests for certificates of insurance from clients, as part of pitches and for individual partners.
- Prepare general business correspondence for Finance staff members.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries including escalating issues when necessary;
- Assumes other duties as needed.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, multifaceted department meeting multiple deliverables and deadlines.
- Knowledge of financial systems in a legal environment preferred.
- Highly motivated, highly organized, self-directed individual with excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively multitask and handle a variety of sensitive/confidential matters in a professional, polished and mature manner with tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and have a high attention to detail with a desire to get the job completed accurately and in a timely manner. Strong initiative and follow-through are essential.
- Ability to build professional relationships within the department and across the global organization.
- Experience working independently and as an effective and engaged team member, with an ability to succeed in a fast-paced, matrix organization and multifaceted department.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to think outside the box, take initiative when appropriate, and follow through are essential. Position requires ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment within scope of role.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 5 years as an administrative professional supporting executive level management is required.
- A college education is preferred (Associate's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information, and advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite are required.
- Position requires strong interpersonal skills and exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written).
#LI-JS1Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top