Manages the Firm's accounting systems and procedures and supports the Firm's financial control and planning processes in order to ensure the delivery of accurate, timely and high quality financial information to internal and external clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages Accounting personnel. Plans, allocates and monitors work and makes decisions regarding employment, performance appraisals, training and development, salary adjustments and related personnel actions.
Ensures efficient, effective and consistently high quality results in all aspects of the Firm's accounting operations including financial reporting, accounts payable, tax preparation, partner compensation and payroll processing functions for US and international offices.
Assumes responsibility for maintaining full knowledge and control of the Firm's integrated accounting/time and billing system.
Manages the month-end closing process. Balances time and billing system to General Ledger and ensures all month-end reports are accurate and timely.
Manage the Treasury function including monitoring cash balances across the firm, managing exchange rate risks and implementing/managing an investment strategy for excess cash through the year.
Assumes lead role in managing the year end review with external audit/review team for all offices.
Stay current on changes to regulations in all jurisdictions and recommend processes to ensure compliance.
Collaborates with the Sr. Tax manager to produce and reconcile schedules for the Partnership tax return
Oversees and ensures the preparation of fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
Prepares monthly financial statements and operating reports.
Works closely with the Sr. Financial Systems Manager in developing custom reports and end user applications.
Assumes key role in the development and review of the Firm's annual budget.
Develops and monitors financial procedures and internal controls.
- Key player in support of the firm's strategic initiatives.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience with International operations; including working within multiple book types and multiple currencies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and team building skills with prior supervisory experience.
- Superior oral and written communication abilities. Proficient at managing multiple assignments with varying priorities.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in spreadsheet and database software applications. Ability to train others in their use.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent. CPA designation or MBA is desirable.
- 10+ years of related financial management experience in a professional service organization; law firm experience preferred.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top