The Compensation Analyst will have shared responsibility with the Sr. Compensation Analyst for monitoring and completing salary surveys, supporting the administration of the compensation processes for professional staff and attorneys including merit and bonus processes; benchmarking and maintenance of salary ranges and structures; budget modeling and expense tracking for attorneys and professional staff; design, support, and administration of compensation systems; compensation letters and other projects as appropriate; process documentation and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on a variety of projects including compensation process design, analysis and budgeting for professional staff and attorneys.
- Works with the compensation team to administers professional staff, case assistant, paralegal and attorney increase and bonus processes.
- Responsible for completing salary surveys.
- Responsible for using surveys to benchmark professional staff positions. Assist with the maintenance of salary structures.
- Conducts FLSA reviews.
- Responsible for the data integrity of compensation information in the Workday HRIS and other compensation systems, e.g. auditing information related to salary; FLSA; titles; frameworks; salary ranges; job profiles; job families; EEO job category.
- Responsible for setups; maintenance; roll-outs and user support for compensation systems, including Workday and CompXL. Teams with HRIS, Finance, payroll and Benefits to achieve desired outcomes and produce data to support business needs.
- Makes updates to Workday and CompXL systems for compensation related changes where appropriate.
- Calculates True Ups for part-time and hourly attorneys and bonuses for attorneys.
- Prepares spreadsheets and reports to support client needs for compensation information and analysis.
- Assists in developing and supporting training initiatives and drafting communications relating to compensation.
- Creates documentation for compensation administration and processes, including timelines.
- Contributes to and assists with the support and development of performance evaluation processes as needed.
- Creates compensation letters for salary changes and bonuses.
- Participates in various human resources related projects as necessary.
- Provides recommendations for process improvements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously and work in high stress situations.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in spreadsheet software applications.
- High level of attention to detail – ensure the integrity/accuracy of data.
- Ability to protect and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. CCP certification a plus.
- 2-10 years of related experience.
- Experience working with HRIS systems, preferably Workday.
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Advanced expertise with excel, including vlookups, creating charts and graphics, macros, modeling worksheets, pivot tables.
- Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours as needed.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top