Manages all aspect of client accounting needs, including client relationship management, partnering with billing attorneys and partners to review the status of client accounts, including but not limited to making recommendations regarding the treatment of unpaid invoices, status of on-going cases and updates as it relates to the credit and collections process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaison with external clients managing all aspects of client accounting needs.
- Manages past-due accounts and invoices, making recommendations to billing partners for creative solutions to accommodate clients while also meeting Goodwin requirements.
- Promptly responds to client inquiries and requests, including preparing spreadsheet analysis and researching payment information.
- Leverages time of billing attorneys by contacting clients to obtain information on the status of unpaid bills and preparing status updates.
- Manages and monitors payment arrangements for all assigned clients to ensure compliance with payment terms. Partners with BU leaders and department heads on at-risk accounts to determine best course of action.
- Updates and advises billing representative on approach to ensure appropriate collections follow-up.
- Responsible for monitoring client compliance to payment schedules; generates and distributes monthly Client Reminder Statements.
- Directs Cash Receipts Department on how to apply cash application.
- Researches and monitors unapplied payments to determine best course of action in dealing with client accounts; responsible for processing client refunds when applicable.
- Assists with providing back-up for client audit letter responses as necessary.
- As part of assessing risk, conducts credit review analyses on clients as needed.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports, updates, and in depth analyses on the status of credit and collections to management.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to professionally and tactfully communicate with clients and all levels of the firm. Strong writing skills necessary.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks maintaining attention to detail and prioritizing as necessary.
- Ability to understand, adhere and apply department policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Strong knowledge of excel needed.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in a professional services environment, law firm experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with financial/billing software packages and Finance/Accounting organizational operations. "Aderant Expert" Billing System - ARCS 2G experience preferred or equivalent Financial system.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top