Business Unit Coordinator
Goodwin has an excellent opportunity for a driven, goal-oriented Coordinator to support our Financial Industry Practice (FIN), a cross-department, cross-disciplinary practice focused on clients in the financial industry, specifically those in the banking and consumer financial services, FinTech, investment management, and funds market sectors, with their transactional, advisory, and litigation needs. The Business Unit Coordinator will work with the FIN Business Unit Director and staff providing operational and project management support. In addition to administrative duties, the Business Unit Coordinator will have opportunities to work on other team initiatives, actively participate in special events, and drive projects. The Business Unit Coordinator will put organizational skills to good use, working with Word, Outlook, Excel, and other firm systems to manage multiple priorities.
- Oversee the administrative details relating to business unit meetings, legal practice area meetings, retreats, and special events (i.e., scheduling, , agendas, and materials, populating firm calendars and intranet pages as appropriate, and managing catering needs as appropriate).
- Utilize organizational and reporting tools, such as the business unit financial dashboards and related financial reports, to track personnel, clients, matters, and other relevant business unit data.
- Coordinate with key administrative groups in the firm (Finance, IT, KM, Marketing, Catering, Recruiting, and Professional Development and Training) to ensure the execution of key initiatives in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicate and partner effectively with key personnel in all offices to accomplish legal practice tasks and goals. Foster trust/confidence in job function; build cohesion among all co-workers.
- Work with the Business Unit Director to maintain robust business unit and legal practice area intranet pages including event updates, news alerts, etc.
- Facilitate business unit and legal practice area training programs including working with Business Unit Directors and other administrative groups in the firm to ensure smooth development and roll-out of such programs.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date action item checklists for various initiatives; following up with respective project managers by setting reminders and deadline ticklers as appropriate.
- Attend various internal meetings, including periodic business unit meetings and sub-committee meetings as needed, to keep abreast of developments within the business units and track action items resulting from the meetings.
- Liaise with Business Development department on matters related to marketing and business development activities; perform some business development functions, as needed.
- Support Business Unit Director in providing a seamless quality service to lawyers and staff.
- Perform additional assigned tasks, including project work as directed.
RequirementsEducation, Qualifications, and Relevant Experience:
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, and Excel. The ability to learn and utilize additional programs, including PowerPoint.
- The ability to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Superior organizational, project management, and time management skills, including the ability to multitask with changing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work cohesively and constructively with all levels of firm personnel to reach common goal.
- The ability to learn and utilize additional programs, including PowerPoint, SharePoint, and the firm’s event management system.
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- The ability to work independently, take initiative, and be proactive.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a law firm or professional services firm highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Jordana pulls together legal transaction documents for her clients, most of whom are start-ups and many of whom are in Clean Tech.
Back to top