Business Unit Coordinator
The Business Unit Coordinator works with the Business Unit Director and, to a lesser extent, the Leaders of the practices, to implement and administer the policies, procedures and specific initiatives of the business unit. The major purpose and end result is to help ensure the smooth functioning of the business unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overseeing the administrative details relating to Business Unit and Legal Practice Area meetings and special events (scheduling, distributing invites and materials, populating firm calendars and iNET pages as appropriate).
- Building and maintaining organizational and reporting tools used to track personnel, clients, matters KM, and other relevant practice area data.
- Coordinating with the key administrative groups in the firm (Finance, IT, KM, Marketing, Catering, Conflicts, Recruiting and Professional Development and Training) to ensure the execution of key initiatives in a timely and effective manner.
- Working with key personnel in all offices to create a sense of cohesiveness among members of the business unit.
- Maintaining robust practice area iNET pages and updating KM files regularly
- Facilitating training programs.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date action item checklists for various Business Unit Committees.
- Attending various meetings and special events to keep abreast of developments within the business unit.
- Following up on communications to gather input as appropriate.
- Researching and tracking relevant industry trends.
- Taking the lead on certain projects as directed.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Individual must have strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize workload and sophisticated computer skills, particularly with Excel, PowerPoint and HTML. Must be able to learn and keep current with various software packages.
- Must be able to handle pressure, extended hours, if requested, and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel.
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills, and the ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience working independently is ideal.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical requirements: Must be able to sit at a desk for prolonged periods of time, must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment as necessary.
- Travel: Light travel as requested
- Environment: Indoor office environment
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top