Business Intake Specialist
Process all new business information by using automated workflow software to support the new business
intake process, client engagements and the management of client matter information. Conduct research
using internal and external resources, monitor conflict report approval and maintain client and matter
engagement documentation. This position requires daily interaction with secretaries and attorneys in the use
of the automated software, research relating to conflict searching and file opening, and new client and new matter compliance requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review new business intake information for accuracy and conflict/AML approvals, working with conflicts team to verify that all information and parties submitted for client intake and conflicts checking purposes is complete.
- Review matter opening documentation to ensure firm's requirements are met, including ensuring receipt of compliant engagement and waiver documents, and escalating any non-compliance issues to the Manager or Director.
- Organize, prioritize and troubleshoot matter opening issues, including missing or non-compliant documentation; contact individuals as necessary to obtain all required documentation or otherwise secure compliance.
- Maintain and remove conflict "flags" from the automated accounting system and follow up with attorneys and secretaries on outstanding searches and requests.
- Manage conflict search approvals and maintain accurate electronic records of all approved or rejected conflict searches.
- Assist secretaries and provide support to attorneys on the use of the electronic workflow system for new business intake and conflict checking. Handle all secretarial and lawyer requests, including for matter status, client and matter changes, matter description changes, mid-stream conflict checks and client/matter re-opens. Assist firm personnel on the business policies and procedures of the Department.
- Prepare the daily case summary, opening new clients and matters through the use of the firm's accounting software.
- Coordinate daily operation of conflicts/new business workflow, assisting the conflicts team.
- Perform administrative duties, including filing and maintaining engagement letters, outside counsel/billing guidelines and waiver letters into the firm's document management system.
- Coordinate and manage the firm's pre-clearance request and approval process for the purchase/sale of certain securities.
- Perform conflict check searches, as needed.
RequirementsKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a broad range of people in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of InTapp business intake and CompliGuard and Intapp conflicts software a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize time effectively; respond appropriately to shifting demands.
- Ability to escalate and communicate issues timely and effectively
- Ability to work from 11am-7pm.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior business intake experience and law firm experience preferred. JDs are welcome to apply.
- Experience in understanding and use of automated conflict checking and business intake software preferred. Experience with standard suite of Windows products (Word, Outlook, and Excel). #LI-JS1
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top