Business Development Coordinator
Reporting directly to the Director of Business Development, Real Estate Industry Group, this position requires a self-starter with the ability to work alongside the Director and Specialists to help the team to guide, direct and advise lawyers in a sophisticated marketing and business development environment.
As Business Development Coordinator, you will plan and organize business development activities that support the global growth of the firm and specifically the Real Estate Industry Group.
Responsibilities include supporting initiatives that align with the group's marketing and business development plan; organizing client relationship-building activities; tracking business development activities; and supporting effective thought leadership campaigns. These projects will involve working with all functional areas of the marketing department and all levels of firm personnel from partners to administrative staff.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with task-based responsibilities and welcome challenges that offer opportunities for growth and professional development. At times, the Coordinator will serve as the front line of business development and marketing support to lawyers and professional staff across the firm.
Boston, New York, Los Angeles or San Francisco
- Provide support to key Real Estate Group marketing and/or business development initiatives as determined by BD Director.
- Coordinate, support and track the development of responses to pitches and RFPs/RFIs for new business opportunities and client meetings, under the direction of the BD Director or Specialists.
- Maintain practice group/industry descriptions, web content, transaction lists, case studies and other marketing content to ensure that material is compelling and up-to-date
- Plan and organize relationship-building activities such as client events, sponsorships and conferences in support of group goals.
o Provide event logistical support, including on-site event staffing, and assist with internal/external communications and vendor/venue relationships.
o Develop targeted invitee mailing lists. Report on RSVPs and who-knows-whom.
o Proactively collect feedback after the event and encourage follow-up activities.
- Collaborate with the research and market/competitive intelligence teams to produce in-depth research and analysis of clients, prospects and competitors.
- Work with the firm's Communications team to create targeted, strategic submissions for practice-related and attorney rankings, surveys and awards, including Chambers, Legal 500, Am Law rankings, Best Lawyers and other industry-specific/geographic/attorney demographic awards programs.
- Track activity associated with business development initiatives across the firm.
- Support thought leadership campaigns, including project management and mining of campaign data for business development opportunities.
- Provide back-up as needed to fellow members of the Business Development team.
Director Business Development, Real Estate Industry Group
- 2+ years of experience in marketing or professional services business development, ideally in a law firm or other professional services firm. Specific Real Estate industry experience is helpful, but not required.
- Detail-oriented, organized, self-directed and ability to prioritize projects.
- Flexibility and ability to work with a wide variety of people and projects in a collaborative manner, as well as independently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills necessary, along with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Experience with InterAction or other CRM tools is a plus.
- Travel to other Goodwin offices and key events is required.
- Minimum BA, BS or degree equivalent, preferably in business, marketing or a related field.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top