Awards & Rankings Specialist
Goodwin is hiring an Awards & Rankings Specialist (“Specialist”) in its Communications Team in either New York or Boston. This newly created role reports to the Managing Director of Communications and leads Goodwin’s awards and rankings initiatives globally. The Specialist will work directly with the firm’s partners, fellow marketing department colleagues and senior members of the professional staff to develop and track a global awards and rankings calendar, create award-winning submissions, and manage the firm’s legal directories process.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Create and manage a global awards and rankings calendar that tracks relevant recognitions at the firmwide, practice group, and individual level.
- Provide counsel on which opportunities to pursue, and how best to approach particular nominations.
- Working directly with the nominees, lead the creation of award-winning submissions.
- Manage the firm’s global legal directories submissions process, primarily focused on Chambers and Legal 500.
- Partnering with the business development teams (which craft the firm’s legal directories submissions), lead management of the submissions process and ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Create and communicate global best practices and strategy for the firm’s legal directories initiatives.
- Draft and edit Goodwin firm profiles in the relevant rankings and directories.
- As applicable, manage contracts and billing for awards, rankings and legal directories.
- 4+ years of corporate communications (preferably in the legal/professional services sector) or journalism experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interview skills; ability to create compelling storylines for award-winning submissions based on interviews with subject matter experts about complex matters.
- Ability and willingness to build strong relationships and navigate across a matrixed organization.
- Strong project management and process implementation skills.
- Strong basic software and research skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Good design sensibility for project presentation; high proficiency in PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- BA, BS or equivalent; Master’s degree a plus.
- Travel to other firm offices, as needed but not frequent.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Jordana pulls together legal transaction documents for her clients, most of whom are start-ups and many of whom are in Clean Tech.
Back to top