This position is primarily responsible for ensuring that information is properly reflected in the financial records in accordance with accepted accounting principles and the firm's prescribed policies. Additional responsibilities include regulatory reporting and tax schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares daily cash reports and distributes via email.
- Prepares bank reconciliations and resolves any reconciling items each month.
- Reconciles and analyzes the financial activity for selected general ledger accounts each month and investigates large and unusual transactions.
- Prepares monthly schedules for the partnership return including M-1 adjustments, Charitable Contribution analysis and partner's Unreimbursed business expense.
- Prepares journal entries as needed.
- Prepares use tax return for several states.
- Creates wires on the automated cash management platforms.
- Issues stop payments for checks.
- Assists in preparing year end schedules and analyses for the external auditors and tax preparers.
- Researches unclaimed property, which includes tracking and researching stale checks, sending due diligence letters and filing annual reports with each state.
- Conducts periodic audits to ensure that transactions are processed in accordance with firm policy, i.e. properly approved, documented and charged/credited.
- Documents current procedures and recommends ways to improve internal controls and productivity.
- Provides back-up for certain tasks performed by the other Accountants, including the assembly of monthly financial reports.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Assumes additional tasks and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the firm professionally.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of tasks while maintaining attention to detail and prioritizing as necessary.
- Ability to understand, adhere and apply department policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of "Aderant Expert" financial software and experience with international transactions would be a plus.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, particularly with excel.
RequirementsEDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2-3 years of related accounting experience in professional services environment, law firm experience preferred.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
Meet Some of Goodwin Procter's Employees
Legal Recruitment Manager
Susan helps Goodwin make good hires. And once Goodwin’s new Associates and Summer Associates have arrived, she supports and coaches them in their professional development.
Back to top