Wares Agent I
Morgan Memorial Goodwill is a dynamic, growing $32 million not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to help individuals with barriers to self sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not charity, but a chance.
JOB TITLE: Wares Agent
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for inspecting and sorting all donated hard goods. Makes price tickets, packs and allocates all merchandise for resale in the retail stores. Discards unsaleable items and determines whether they’re for Outlet store, Salvage or Trash. Performs quality inspections and attaches proper price ticket. Maintains a neat and organized work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects and sorts all donated hard goods. Discards items of no value to Outlet store, salvage or trash. Separates and stages seasonal items for future use (i.e. Christmas, Halloween). Produces a daily allocation of 13 hampers during normal donation season(s).
- Processes donated items in the Wares Department (hand bags, hard goods, shoes, glass and china, trash, and salvage).
- After inspection, places items on processing table to be priced. Tickets various categories of hard goods such as electronics, house wares, glassware, etc.
- Packages glassware in individual boxes for transport to stores.
- Matches quality footwear and bands pair together if a band is not already in place.
- Locates supplies needed for processing and reports low inventory to department manager.
- Labels all outbound hampers with proper destination tag.
- Works with all trainees to teach them how to perform various tasks assigned by the department manager.
- Keeps work area neat; cleans and sweeps area at end of each day.
- High School graduate/GED or equivalent experience.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill policy and requirements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and talk or hear. The employee must be able to push/pull laundry hampers of up to 250 pounds.
The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to distinguish basic colors and the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
Position may require standing for long periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal warehouse environment.
- Exposure to environmental conditions of dust, heat and cold.
Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Goodwill, visit us at www.goodwillmass.org
Back to top