Store Team Lead
Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries
Morgan Memorial Goodwill is a dynamic, growing $32 million not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to help individuals with barriers to self sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not charity, but a chance.
JOB TITLE: Store Team Leader
This position is responsible for performing Sales Associate duties and providing guidance to Sales Associates. This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service, operating and monitoring cash registers, ensuring that policies and procedures are followed, and may also include fulfilling manager duties, as required, such as key-holder responsibilities and opening and closing the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monitors cash registers for accuracy and reconciles registers at the end of the day.
- Processes customer checks, charges and store credits, and corrects register voids and errors.
- Handles customer objections and complaints. Escalates complaints to Store Manager as necessary.
- Under the direction of the Store Manager, merchandises inventory by color, size, and season. Decides which classifications to pull each week by color and quantity.
- Assesses merchandise and makes pricing recommendations to the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Ensures the store is opened and closed on time.
- Provides leadership to store staff in the absence of the Store manager. Directs floor activities, monitors registers, assists customers and completes daily sales report. May at times be required to process staff payroll.
- Directs housekeeping activities by assigning duties and helps as necessary.
- Provides customer service by knowing inventory, sale information, store policies and procedures, and other related information.
- Ensures loss prevention by monitoring dressing rooms and observing customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and previous retail experience.
- The incumbent must be able to perform math at an eighth grade level (adding, subtracting, calculating percentages, multiplication), and must be able to speak and understand English.
- The ability to work with a diverse staff and customer base, and with individuals with disabilities is essential.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to determine when to direct a problem situation to a supervisor.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill policy and requirements.
The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to move racks, bins and stock, and must lift and/or move up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to distinguish basic colors and the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Position requires standing for long periods of time.
The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is located in a normal retail store environment with frequent contact with the general public.
- The noise level is typically moderate. The incumbent is frequently exposed to dust in the store environment. The incumbent may at times be required to travel to another store location.
Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Goodwill, visit us at www.goodwillmass.org
Meet Some of Goodwill's Employees
Director of Vocational Services
Behind the Goodwill storefront, J-D helps individuals with barriers to employment prepare for meaningful work and fosters a community in which they will thrive.
Back to top