Store Manager II
Morgan Memorial Goodwill is a dynamic, growing $32 million not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to help individuals with barriers to self sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not charity, but a chance.
JOB TITLE: Store Manager II
The Store Manager II is responsible for managing a high-volume store, ensuring productivity, efficiency, and an enjoyable shopping environment for customers. The Store Manager II is accountable for budget, cost control, store revenue and loss prevention, as well as managing and developing store employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees and coordinates daily tasks and activities of a team within established budges and goals.
- Screens and hires candidates for open positions. Trains and evaluates employee’s performance.
- Accomplishes tasks through individual performance and direct supervision of employees.
- Provides direction and supervision of employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, and performing services for customers using established policies and procedures.
- Ensures textile and hard goods production goals are met.
- Assesses floor inventory and determines priority needs for sales floor.
- Communicates with Distribution Center regarding raw donation levels, production related supplies, equipment needs and any other needs related to back room processing or procedures.
- Builds and maintains a motivated and efficiently trained sales staff. Informs staff of promotions, policies and procedures. Trains new hires.
- Works with program staff to provide a rewarding and effective training experience for program participants.
- Submits daily and weekly production reports, manages inventory, orders stock, receives deliveries, maintains sales log, processes staff payroll, schedules personnel, and tallies money daily.
- Displays and merchandises stock in order to create an appealing and conducive selling environment.
- Ensures that all goods are priced or tagged appropriately and are being placed on the floor and rotated according to standard.
- Prepares recommendations for marketing and merchandising plans.
- Conducts monthly store inventory count.
- Deposits daily intake of cash in bank and gets required change needed by the store.
- Manages customer complaints regarding salespeople, merchandise and/or store policy in a tactful and efficient manner.
- Prepare for scheduled truck deliveries, and load and unload trucks as needed.
- Maintain proper equipment levels.
- Prepares sales and expense budget recommendations.
- Performs work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing shelves and displays and selling merchandise.
- Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures and assures compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, a minimum of five years of retail sales experience, and a minimum two years experience as a manager in a retail store.
- Must have strong leadership skills and must be able to train, develop and motivate staff. Must have good team building skills.
- Must be able to drive sales and have a strong customer focus.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of customers and staff and with individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to determine when to direct a problem situation to a supervisor.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according Goodwill policy and requirements.
The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to move racks, bins and stock, and must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Employee may at times need to operate a manual pallet jack.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to distinguish basic colors and the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Position requires standing for long periods of time.
The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is located in a normal retail store environment with frequent contact with the general public.
- The noise level is typically moderate.
The incumbent is frequently exposed to dust in the store environment.
The incumbent may at times be required to travel to another store location.
Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Goodwill, visit us at www.goodwillmass.org
Back to top