Sales Associate I
MORGAN MEMORIAL GOODWILL
Morgan Memorial Goodwill is a dynamic, growing $32 million not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to help individuals with barriers to self-sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not a charity, but a chance.
JOB TITLE: Sales Associate I
This position is responsible for providing high-quality service to customers through efficient sales and effective merchandising in a pleasant and clean retail environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Processes customer sales quickly and accurately on the cash register.
- Processes cash transactions and customer checks, charges and store credits, and accurately balances register drawer.
- Provides customer service by knowing inventory, sale information, store policies and procedures, and other related information.
- Keeps merchandise neat and organized by appropriately distributing stock and pulling stock when necessary.
- Assesses merchandise and makes pricing recommendations to the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Maintains an orderly store appearance by vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, washing mirrors, doors and windows, and keeping register area clean.
- Ensures loss prevention by monitoring dressing rooms and observing customers.
- Answers the store telephone.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate/GED or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to perform math at an eighth grade level (adding, subtracting, calculating percentages, multiplication) required.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Must be able to speak and understand English.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff, customer base, and individuals with disabilities is essential.
- Ability to determine when to direct a problem situation to a supervisor required.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill policy and requirements.
The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to move racks, bins and stock, and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to distinguish basic colors and the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
- Position requires standing for long periods of time.
The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position is located in a normal retail store environment.
- The noise level is typically moderate.
- The incumbent is frequently exposed to dust in the store environment.
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Goodwill's Employees
Director of Vocational Services
Behind the Goodwill storefront, J-D helps individuals with barriers to employment prepare for meaningful work and fosters a community in which they will thrive.
Back to top