Production Associate I
MORGAN MEMORIAL GOODWILL
Morgan Memorial Goodwill is a dynamic, growing $32 million not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to help individuals with barriers to self-sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not a charity, but a chance.
JOB TITLE: Production Associate I
This position is responsible for inspecting and sorting all donated textiles and hard goods. Makes price tickets and prepares merchandise for resale in the store. Discard items determined to be not sellable. Performs quality inspections and attaches proper price ticket. Maintain a neat and organized work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accepts various donations from donors, provides donation tax receipts and records number of donors.
- Inspects and sorts all donated textiles (clothing) and hard goods. Insures all textiles have no rips, stains or tears and all hard goods are of some value. Discards items below quality standards (or no value) to salvage or trash. Identifies good quality merchandise and prices accordingly. Separates and stages seasonal items for future use (i.e. Christmas, Halloween).
- Separates items by category. Prints price tickets and attaches to items in need of tickets. Calculates 50% of retail price on some items, uses standard list for all other items.
- Places priced and tagged items in appropriate locations throughout the store.
- Processes donated items through the various sorting stations of the store (textiles, hard-goods, shoes, glass, books, china, trash, and salvage). Identifies and discards items that are not sold as per company policy.
- After inspection places textiles on processing table to be hung. Pin tags various categories of textiles. Hangs textiles on sales floor based on priority, as determined by the store management.
- Matches quality footwear and bands pair together if a band is not already in place.
- Locates supplies needed for processing and reports low inventory to Store Management.
- Labels all outbound hampers and bins with proper destination tag for merchandise being sent to the Boston Distribution Center.
- May operate hand truck or fork lift hand truck to move pallets or heavy boxes and bins into distribution trucks.
- Keeps work area neat; cleans and sweeps area at the end of each day.
- May perform light maintenance duties around the store (cleaning bathrooms, minor repairs to fixtures and racks)
- Refers to CPSC bulletin board, and stays aware of most recent recalls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate/GED or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill policy and requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to push/pull laundry hampers of up to 250 pounds.
- The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, peripheral vision, the ability to distinguish basic colors and the ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal warehouse and retail store environment.
- Exposure to environmental conditions of dust, heat and cold.
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Goodwill's Employees
Director of Vocational Services
Behind the Goodwill storefront, J-D helps individuals with barriers to employment prepare for meaningful work and fosters a community in which they will thrive.
Back to top