MORGAN MEMORIAL GOODWILL
Morgan Memorial Goodwill is a dynamic, growing $32 million not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to help individuals with barriers to self-sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not a charity, but a chance.
The Instructor is responsible for providing program specific group and individualized instruction to program participants in Boston, Salem and/or any other locations specified in our contracts. Training curricula includes Personal and Professional Development, Customer Service Skills, Job Seeking Skills, Bookkeeping, Accounting, English for Employment, Introduction to Computers, Microsoft office Professional, Business English and Math. In addition this position is responsible for providing job coaching and placement services as needed and appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides training to program participants by conducting individual and group instruction.
- Develops new program curriculum for daily lessons following projected competencies, established curriculum and performing research.
- Presents information regarding participant progress to funding and referral sources by performing monthly reporting and attending case conferences, as required.
- Provides support for students by conducting additional tutorial sessions when required.
- Creates marketing materials and perform outreach to solicit new program participants by presenting to groups and organizations.
- Provides support for job placement services by working with placement staff and making recommendations regarding realistic placement goals.
- Responsible for marketing participants and agency services to employers.
- Evaluates job openings, performs job matching tasks and prepares individuals for employment through pre-employment activities in cooperation with Case Manager/Placement Specialist.
- Substitutes as needed to work one on one with participants as they perform job tasks to assist with job training.
- Substitutes as needed to provide travel training to participants placed in the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Education or related field.
- Experience training adults with barriers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill policy and requirements.
- This is a program specific position that may teach academic skills and/or personal and professional development seminars.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
The work environment an employee is exposed to while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of Goodwill's Employees
Director of Vocational Services
Behind the Goodwill storefront, J-D helps individuals with barriers to employment prepare for meaningful work and fosters a community in which they will thrive.
Back to top