Floating Assistant Store Manager
Morgan Memorial Goodwill Industries
Morgan Memorial Goodwill is a dynamic, growing $32 million not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to help individuals with barriers to self-sufficiency to achieve independence and dignity through work. Not charity, but a chance.
This position is responsible for assisting the store manager maintain and supervise a well-organized and efficient store that creates an enjoyable shopping environment for customers.
JOB TITLE: Retail Store Assistant Manager – Floating
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides direction and supervision of employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking, reconciling cash receipts, and performing services for customers using established policies and procedures.
- Opens and closes the store at the proper times and performs mid-shift duties
- Knows budgeted sales quotas and assists the manager in achieving those goals by completing daily budget sheets, pushing and pulling inventory, and accurately pricing high-end merchandise, offering excellent customer service, and ensuring the store opens on time and is kept clean.
- Builds and maintains a motivated and efficiently trained sales staff. Informs staff of promotions, policies and procedures. Trains and evaluates employee’s performance. Provides performance feedback to Store Manager.
- Completes weekly/daily sales reports, upkeeps inventory, orders stock, maintains sales log, processes staff payroll, schedules personnel, and tallies money daily.
- Displays and merchandises stock in order to create an appealing and conducive selling environment.
- Manages customer complaints regarding salespeople, merchandise and/or store policy in a tactful and efficient manner.
- Performs work activities of subordinates, such as cleaning and organizing racks and displays and selling merchandise.
- Works with program staff to provide a rewarding and effective training experience for program participants. Schedules daily tasks, evaluates performance and makes recommendations to program coordinator.
- Knowledgeable of all policies and procedures and assures compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, a minimum of 3 years of retail sales experience, and a minimum two years supervisory experience.
- Reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be flexible with required travel.
- Must have strong leadership skills and must be able to train, develop and motivate staff. Must have good team building skills.
- Must be able to drive sales and have a strong customer focus.
- Incumbent must be able to work with a diverse group of customers and staff, and with individuals with disabilities.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to determine when to direct a problem situation to a supervisor.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Goodwill policy and requirements.
Goodwill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Goodwill, visit us at www.goodwillmass.org
Meet Some of Goodwill's Employees
Director of Vocational Services
Behind the Goodwill storefront, J-D helps individuals with barriers to employment prepare for meaningful work and fosters a community in which they will thrive.
Back to top