ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Good Sports is a nonprofit organization that gives kids the lifelong benefits of sport and physical activity by providing new equipment, apparel and footwear to those most in need. Founded in 2003 with a donation of 500 basketballs, Good Sports has grown into a national organization that has donated over $20 million worth of equipment to give over 4 million kids a chance to play.
ROLE DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
Good Sports is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, intelligent person to join our growing staff as a Program Assistant. The Program Assistant will support execution and operations of Good Sport community strategy. This position will be located in our Quincy, MA office. The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Working with Program and Executive Teams to ensure that strategic inventory goals are met, donation events are executed, and compelling impact reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Reviewing community grants and making well thought out recommendations
- Playing a primary role in donation execution logistics
- Occasionally conduct site visits to community organizations
- Manage evaluation collection and analysis
- Picking, packing and shipping outgoing donations from the warehouse located in Norwood, MA as necessary
The ideal candidate for this position is an independent thinker and self-starter who has foresight and anticipates needs. He/she must be a creative problem-solver and proactive decision-maker, and is quickly able to prioritize important tasks on the fly. The ideal candidate is well-organized, detail-oriented, has strong analytical skills, and yet is still able to function with a sense of urgency at a high level in a very fast-paced environment. He/she has a positive “can do” attitude and approach to work, with a good sense of humor. He/she is independent and self-initiated, but also values team-oriented, collaborative work environment and operates with an “everyone pitches in” attitude.
- Undergraduate degree and a minimum of 1-2 years post-collegiate relevant experience
- Experience working in small organizations or companies
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft applications and ability to quickly learn database software
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional ability to creatively solve problems and find solutions
- Very organized and ability to keep track of multiple priorities and deadlines
- Highly personable and ability to work with a variety of people and situations (including remote employees)
- Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle
- Willingness to travel to donation events both in Massachusetts and out-of-state
- Passionate about the mission of Good Sports
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
You will directly report to the Community Partnerships Manager of Good Sports
Good Sports offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes: health insurance, dental insurance, short-term and long term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan with a Company match, 3 weeks paid time off plus an additional Shutdown week, and 11 paid holidays throughout the year.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please forward a cover letter, and resume to Good Sports at the address below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
1515 Hancock Street, Suite 204
Quincy, MA 02169
Good Sports does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation or any other factor unrelated to job requirements or job status. The firm makes reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities. This policy applies to all area of employment including recruitment, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.
See Inside the Office of Good Sports
Good Sports encourages healthy lifestyles by providing athletic equipment, footwear, and apparel to disadvantaged youth nationwide. By partnering with sporting goods manufacturers, Good Sports gets crucial equipment to kids who need it most. Since 2003, Good Sports has provided over $15 million worth of equipment to more than 2,200 youth programs, impacting nearly 2 million kids across all 50 states.
Back to top