Events and Marketing Assistant
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Good Sports is a nonprofit organization that gives kids the lifelong benefits of sport and physical activity by providing new equipment, apparel and footwear to those most in need. Founded in 2003 with a donation of 500 basketballs, Good Sports has grown into a national organization that has donated over $18 million worth of equipment to give over 3 million kids a chance to play.
ROLE DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
Good Sports is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, intelligent person to join our growing staff as an Events and Marketing Assistant. The Events and Marketing Assistant will support execution of, social media and content strategy and growing the Good Sports brand and assist in planning and execution of key fundraising events. This position will be located in our Quincy, MA office. While the Events and Marketing Assistant will provide support in events, their focus will be executing and growing the marketing strategy for Good Sports, with event support as needed.
Social Media Strategy and Oversight
- Develop and execute the Good Sports social media strategy and execution including maintaining up to date content calendars and a proven method of gathering and pushing out content
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic from our social network presence, growing each network exponentially and consistently
- Provide support around athlete partnerships, specifically related to social media opportunities
- Work closely with the program team to assess community evaluations and determine strategy for using that content
Driving Brand Awareness
- Work alongside the marketing team to help distribute content that educates and engages our audience and supports marketing goals
- Determine and execute quality branding opportunities such as Good Sports apparel, supplies, giveaways, etc.
- Assist in creation of marketing materials for Good Sports including newsletters, blog posts and annual reports
- Write press releases, media alerts and advisories as needed
- Assist in execution of press and public relations strategy in coordination with external PR firm
Events and Fundraising
- Support in executing Good Sports annual mailing at the end of the year
- Assist in planning and executing special events, including auction logistics
- Assist in managing Good Sports Young Professionals Boards (Boston, Chicago and NYC) and providing support for events and fundraising projects
The ideal candidate for this position is a social media rock star with a creative mind and eye for capturing, collecting, recording and delivering outstanding content that engages our audience. The ideal candidate also has event planning experience and must be a problem-solver and proactive decision-maker that is quickly able to prioritize tasks on the fly. The ideal candidate is extremely well organized, detail-oriented, has strong communication skills and is able to function with a sense of urgency at a high level in a very fast paced environment. He/she has a positive can do attitude and approach to work, with a good sense of humor. He/she is self-initiated, but also values a team-oriented, collaborative work environment and operates with an “everyone pitches in attitude”.
- Undergraduate degree
- Internships or work experience in marketing, social media and events highly preferred
- Understanding of social media tracking and analyzing tools (i.e. HootSuite, SumAll, Facebook Insights, Trello etc)
- Basic Adobe® Photoshop®, Adobe® Illustrator® and graphic design skills preferred
- Comfort with email marketing strategies using Constant Contact
- Knowledge of and comfort with Microsoft applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Very organized with ability to keep track of multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong time management skills
- Highly personable and ability to work with a variety of people and situations (including remote employees)
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Willingness to travel to fundraiser events both in Massachusetts and out of state
- Ability to work some weekend events as they are scheduled
- Passionate about the mission of Good Sports
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
You will directly report to the current Events and Marketing Assistant of Good Sports
Good Sports offers a competitive salary and benefits package that includes: health insurance, dental insurance, short-term and long term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) plan with a company match, and 3 weeks paid time off plus an additional Shutdown week during the year.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please forward a cover letter, and resume to Good Sports at the address below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Events and Marketing Assistant
1515 Hancock Street, Suite 204
Quincy, MA 02169
Good Sports does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation or any other factor unrelated to job requirements or job status.
The firm makes reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities. This policy applies to all area of employment including recruitment, training, promotion, compensation, and benefits.
See Inside the Office of Good Sports
Good Sports encourages healthy lifestyles by providing athletic equipment, footwear, and apparel to disadvantaged youth nationwide. By partnering with sporting goods manufacturers, Good Sports gets crucial equipment to kids who need it most. Since 2003, Good Sports has provided over $15 million worth of equipment to more than 2,200 youth programs, impacting nearly 2 million kids across all 50 states.
Back to top