The Data Engineer plays a critical role in maintaining, expanding and improving the data infrastructure necessary to support Good Apple media operations. This includes developing new data pipelines for external large datasets, troubleshooting data issues and analyzing data to present to internal and external clients. By structuring, analyzing and reporting on our unique datasets, you'll create new platform capabilities that give Good Apple and our clients deeper insight into their businesses.
Candidate will have roughly 1-3 years of experience in supporting, designing and building production-ready data ingestion and storage pipelines for large datasets. Candidate will have experience breaking down business and reporting requirements into their technical components with regard to datasets. Candidate will be a fast learner who is comfortable using SQL and programming/scripting languages to import and connect internal systems to outside data sources. Familiarity with reporting tools such as DFA, Google Ad Words, Site Catalyst Integral Ad Science, and Google Analytics is helpful. Experience in data science tools and analytics programming is a plus (Python, R).
Desired Skills & Experience
• Background in math, statistics, computer programming or similar are preferred
• Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• SQL and Programming/scripting knowledge required
• Linux command line knowledge is a must
• Experience with AWS services like EC2, S3, and Data Pipeline is a plus
• Experience with Snowflake is a plus
• Comfort with using large data sets
• Strong organizational and verbal communication skills
• Exposure to online advertising systems or digital processes and marketing a plus
• Has a natural inclination and passion to grow by making things better for Clients and Good Apple
Back to top