Workforce Management Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
Digital Finance is composed of the firm's digitally-led consumer businesses which include the online consumer lending business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs, the firm's first-ever direct-to-consumer platform built from the ground up, and the online consumer deposits business, GS Bank. These businesses offer personal loans and savings products to customers throughout the United States. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 147-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up to help our customers achieve financial progress through customizable solutions that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity.
Goldman Sachs is seeking innovative, problem solving team members to help build and grow its digital, direct to consumer business, Marcus by Goldman Sachs. The team will leverage Goldman's financial services expertise and core competencies in technology, analytics and risk management in addition to strong balance sheet capabilities to create a winning position in the market. While benefiting from the strengths of a large company, the team operates in a start-up environment, unburdened by legacy costs and fixed infrastructure. This is a unique opportunity to be a team member of a new business line within one of the leading companies in the financial services industry while delivering value to consumers through differentiated products and user experiences.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a member of the workforce management team, you will work closely with the leadership team to understand business drivers and develop dynamic and robust operation staffing models for each business unit. This role plays an important and influential role for the business, forecasting workforce capacity and projecting impacts from new businesses. You will partner with cross-functional teams and other Firmwide stakeholders (Tech, HCM and Specialists etc.) to build a detailed forecasting framework and to communicate progress versus projection, as well as budget difference.
- Complete forecast throughout the day/week/month to ensure sufficient staffing and determine necessary overtime or other operation levers
- Project and examine daily, weekly, and monthly work volume to determine special day and seasonal trends
- Analyze business demands and operation capacity for new projects, under different constraints
- Compare forecasts with actual volume to determine accuracy, examine variances, and proactively identify scheduling gaps and offer solutions to solve them
- Examine current and projected headcounts – work with training department and HCM to determine hiring pace
- Perform ad-hoc tasks involving workforce management, forecasting, and scheduling, and act as a WFM representative as needed
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills in building and handling ambiguous tasks and complex data sets
- Highly motivated and self-driven, comfortable taking direction and balancing independent thinking in the weeds under short deadlines
- 1 – 2 years of working experience in contact center environment
- Four-year degree required: Business related degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Critical thinking and ability to work with deadlines
- Familiarity with Marcus by Goldman Sachs products and Workforce Management applications
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top