Windows Specialist (ETO - Platform Services) - Platform Services
Platform Services is a 24x7, three city model unified production management team supporting the critical Infrastructure of the firm using cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business. The team also adopts various tools developed by ETO Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques, notify discrepancies in the health of production environment and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Associate on the Technical Infrastructure team. Responsible for administrating and managing the Windows Server infrastructure.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• • Respond to automated systems alerts and engage in Level 2/Level 3 support, related to installation and set-up, network configuration, printing, event viewer and other Windows Administrative Tools' Performance Monitor and other performance management tools; mail flow/performance issues; public folder replication and load balancing
• • Leverage knowledge of Windows Security fundamentals, including Logon and Authentication (logon scripts), Security Policies (Account Policies, Local Policies, Event Log, System Services, Registry), and Distributed File Systems to address system issues
• • Perform daily checkouts and performance monitoring of applications and key infrastructure services
• • Responsible for issue and case escalations to subject matter expert and engineering teams, as appropriate.
• • Schedule and deploy monthly Microsoft Patches and quarterly system build releases.
• • Deploy application and system components to target servers globally using firm standard software distribution tools and processes.
• • Manage multiple tasks in a shift under strict deadlines with high quality of delivery.
• • Operate under Incident and Change Management process/procedures
• • Provide support and Troubleshooting for Virtual machines through Hyper-V manager and VMware V sphere client.
• • Provide day-to-day administration and support for windows server roles including but not limited to AD, IIS, FTP, Terminal server.
• • Perform check out of daily and week exchange backup jobs through Microsoft DPM console and troubleshoot as per the defined process.
• • Responsible for managing and troubleshooting DNS records through QIP and Windows DNS management tool for organizational change.
• • Responsible for managing and troubleshooting DHCP issue, DHCP pool migration.
• • Perform troubleshooting for daily /weekly windows backup issues related to networker backup client.
• • Responsible for providing support and troubleshooting related to Microsoft Exchange (2007/2010/2013) Hub CAS server , mail server , database index reset , cluster failover
• • Responsible for implementing TLS implementation, Email SPAM management through Proof point.
• • Develop automation through PowerShell for day to day job easy administration.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Must have five (5) years of experience with:
• • Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 Administration
• • Active Directory management including Object management, Site/Subnet management, and Group Policy management
• • Network Configuration in a Windows environment
• • One or more Software/Patch Deployment software such as UpdateExpert, SCCM, or WSUS
• • Scripting on Windows Platform such as PowerShell and VBScript
• • Operating under Incident and Change Management process/procedures
• • DNS & DHCP
• • Hyper-V & ESX Administration
• • IIS & FTP Server management.
• • Citrix & Virtual Desktop Management
• Expertise on Windows Administrative Tools, Resource Kit Tools, and Windows Support Tools
• • Enterprise HW platform, such as HP ProLiant series, Dell Power Edge, IBM P series, Tape Library, Storage.
• Must have two (2) years of experience with:• Managing Microsoft Exchange based messaging environments & • Email SPAM Management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top