MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs delivers digital products and services to our institutional clients. We design and build highly-scalable solutions allowing access to the firm's content, data, analytics, risk and execution services. These solutions transform client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models. Our strategic initiatives disrupt the status-quo by innovating new businesses that unlock the power of Goldman Sachs for our clients. Our team of engineers, designers, product managers and data scientists collaborate to drive innovation in digital finance. We surround ourselves with big thinkers who thrive on tackling fresh challenges and uniting around a common vision. We move fast, embrace change and welcome fresh perspectives. Help us build the future of finance from the center of global markets.
Marquee product designers have tremendous responsibility in shaping the team's strategic vision, understanding and communicating user needs, and working with teams across the firm to prototype and build new digital experiences. We are looking for a product designer who enjoys translating complex user needs into intuitive, simple and impactful products. This product designer will partner with product managers, engineers and our stakeholders on key initiatives for our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Marquee Content team drives authoring, distribution and editorial curation of content authored by salespeople, traders and quantitative analysts. You will be working with a team of editors, authors, product managers, engineers and product designers to create a powerful content experience for our clients. You will be designing a mixture of strongly branded editorial support materials, delivered across multiple channels - web, desktop and mobile. Marquee Content is the platform's biggest traffic driver, and the success of Marquee Content is integral to the success of the whole platform, so your work will have tremendous impact.
- Expertise in and passion for the fusion of product design and branded visual systems.
- Designing a consistent, branded experience for content, media and data in a responsive web environment.
- Designing, producing and managing engaging interactive content, including email templates and promotional artwork that meet usability, web and mobile standards.
- Adopt and adapt the Marquee design system using system- and platform-thinking to create new design patterns that fit holistically into the larger product and branding ecosystem.
- Collaborate effectively with product and engineering teams to enhance and create new concepts for different authoring workflows and the content consumption experience.
- Participate in strategy meetings in collaboration with product management, product design, engineering and editorial.
- Own design projects from beginning to end, including discovery, concept, detailed design and implementation, facilitating progress at each stage.
- Develop strategy, approach and timelines for design projects in collaboration with product management and engineering.
- 3-5 years industry experience in design systems and end-to-end product design.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong visual design skills, particularly in design systems for web products.
- Strong understanding of web design principles, capabilities and best practices.
- Entrepreneurial drive and a desire to work in a commercially focused, fast-paced environment.
- Team player: Comfortable collaborating with fellow designers to deliver the best outcome.
- Ability to apply and facilitate iterative discovery, design thinking and co-creation methodologies.
- Ability to understand, balance and solve for both business and user needs.
- Experience with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree in Design, or a related field.
- Motion graphics and animation experience.
- Experience with designing for consumer-facing products or websites.
- Passion for designing elegant user experiences.
- Experience with working in agile development environments, ideally in-house within an integrated product, engineering and design team.
- Experience with user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing.
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance.
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Benefit from ongoing training, development and mentoring to advance in your career.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity