Vice President- Web Developer - Developer Relations Team
- Salt Lake City, UT
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets. Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
DETAILS OF THE ROLE
Core Engineering provides desktop, mobile and developer environments; shared infrastructure; quality and reliability frameworks; data architectures; and technology risk services for Goldman Sachs and its 10,000+ engineers.
The Goldman Sachs Core Engineering Developer Experience - Developer Relations team specializes in continuously improving the experience of developers at the firm. We build strong collaborative relationships with engineers across the organization and drive programs such as engineering onboarding and training, documentation, platform efficiency, automation and other themes related to enriching the developer experience. Our team consists of developers, instructors, designers, technical writers and developer advocates and we are focused on providing a best-in-class experience for developers across the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
This role offers the opportunity to collaborate on implementing a cutting-edge website that showcases the firm's impactful technical products. The site is powered by modern web technologies, combining best-in-class open-source and cloud-based tools. As part of working on the site, you will be able to work with a talented group of product managers, designers, writers, developers, site reliability specialists and developer experience advocates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent in demonstrable work experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with some of the latest technologies to build rich web applications
- Hands-on experience with modern front-end technologies such as React, Angular, Typescript, etc. or alternatively hands-on experience with back-end API development using Java or Node based frameworks
- Comfortable learning new programming languages
- Experience with clean code and testing methodologies
- Attention to technical details
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability, innovation and intellectual curiosity
- Experience working in delivery driven agile engineering
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience with SSR frameworks, such as NextJS or Gatsby
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Experience building mobile apps
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top