Vendor Risk Management and Oversight, NY and Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKING
In Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
Are you looking for the opportunity to drive and lead projects in a dynamic and growing part of the Firm? We are looking for a professional to join the team that is responsible for supporting management of Goldman Sachs Bank USA (the "Bank") as the Bank enters new and different lines of business.
GS Bank USA is a $151 billion New York State-chartered bank and a member of the Federal Reserve System. The Bank offers a wide range of solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. Our services include: deposit taking, consumer lending, corporate lending and risk management, transacting in derivatives and community lending.
The Bank Vendor Risk Management Office ("Bank VMO") is responsible for establishing and maintaining policies that govern the engagement of internal (affiliate) and external vendors as well as the management of vendor risk. This role within the Bank VMO is specific to the oversight of vendor risk for vendors engaged to support existing Bank businesses such as Marcus, Online Deposits, Private Bank Lending and Urban Investment Group deals. The team is also involved in initiatives to accommodate and support growth in new businesses as the Bank continues to expand its footprint.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate's responsibilities would include:
- Coordinate vendor due diligence and on-boarding including contract completion. Ensure that oversight activities for the Bank's vendors are appropriately initiated
- Work with Vendor Relationship Owners ("VROs") to coordinate the completion of initial and periodic risk assessments across vendors
- Maintain information and records related to the Bank's vendors
- Implement and monitor vendor risk indicators including risks and incidents for escalation to management and steps toward risk mitigants and remediation
- Conduct targeted quality assurance reviews to ensure vendor/VRO compliance with Bank policies, requirements and contractual provisions
- Develop and prepare management and analytics reporting, including updates for the Bank's VROs, VRO delegates and vendor management related working groups, forums and committees
- Ensure data quality in Hiperos, by reconciling between Hiperos and other internal systems such as the Vendor Management Portal ("VMP"), and the Strategic Issues Management Platform ("SIMPL"); resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Monitor system "control reports" to ensure the data maintained in the vendor management system is compliant with internal standards
- Monitor and communicate negative media alerts for the Bank's external third party vendors; coordinate review by VROs and Compliance, where appropriate and prepare management reporting (for core Bank, subcontractors, and Restore Utah)
- Keep up to date with relevant regulatory guidance, industry practices and Bank policies
- Maintain and update policies, procedures and best practices for management of vendor performance and associated risk
- 3+ years work experience, vendor management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with vendors and stakeholders
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment
- A strong team player able to work efficiently and effectively, handling multiple tasks simultaneously and under pressure
- Advanced proficiencies in MS Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top