Variable Annuity/Subadvisory External Wholesaler - Northeast (GSAM, TPD, Platform Solutions Group)
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a external wholesaler responsible for managing and strengthening relationships with the sales force representatives of the team's variable annuity and subadvisory clients. Ideally, this candidate is a strong communicator, self-motivated and well-versed in investment products across all major asset classes, with the ability to manage a territory, strengthen client relationships and cold call successfully.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. Within GSAM, Third Party Distribution is responsible for serving clients and driving sales via financial intermediaries including banks, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, RIAs, retirement platforms, insurance companies and asset managers. The Platform Distribution Group team, part of Third Party Distribution, is responsible for marketing GSAM's investment capabilities through financial institutions in the US and Canada, including variable annuity providers, retirement providers and mutual fund distributors. The External Wholesaler would be primarily focused on the variable annuity (VA) client base within the Northeast territory, but also cover other subadvised clients' sales teams as needed. Extensive travel is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Maintain direct, on-going coverage responsibility of all field wholesalers of VA clients located within the wholesaler's territory
- Forge strong partnerships with Divisional Sales Management to design coverage strategy within divisions and regions
- Deliver effective presentations to audiences covering topics such as investment updates, practice management, sales ideas, and economic and financial markets insights
- Drive sales into GSAM investment products
- Conduct consistent dialogue with VA providers' internal sales desk; deliver value-added resources and presentations to promote GSAM
- Maintain detailed knowledge of dynamics of VA industry, including clients' product offerings
- Develop deep understanding of all VA clients' business goals and priorities by partnering with the GSAM Variable Annuity Key Accounts Team
- Work collaboratively with colleagues including internal wholesaler, other externals and marketing team
- Effectively execute on desired client strategy, including meeting targets and activity requirements
- Actively contribute to internal discussions around marketing and other resourcing needs by representing field experience
- Represent the VA Team at client sales meetings and at key industry conferences
- Effectively manage a large geographical territory
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 5-7 years work experience at an asset management firm or related organization • Exceptional presentation and communication skills • Strong territory management and client development skills, including ability to cold call successfully • Self-motivated with ability to maintain a consistent travel schedule, and manage to a travel budget • Strong knowledge of investment products across all major asset classes • Ability to deliver a broad range of value-added presentations and facilitate workshops • Strong organizational and problem-solving skills • Ability to work in a team-based environment • Interpersonal skills: ability to build the trust and confidence of clients, ability to strengthen client relationships through ongoing dialog and interactions, ability to work well with others internally to accomplish client objectives • Compliance-oriented • Series 7 and 63 required • Extensive travel required, based near major city in Northeast
- Wholesaling, sales development or key accounts experience in the variable annuity marketplace strongly preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top