UX Designer - RIA Custody Team - Global Markets
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The RIA Custody team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering innovative digital products to our RIA client base. We design and build highly scalable web, mobile and API platforms that offer innovative product and services to help RIAs meet their goals as well as their clients' needs. These digital tools help to transform and provide a holistic end user experience for both the advisor and their clients, while generating new revenue streams for Goldman Sachs' Global Markets franchise. RIA Custody at Goldman Sachs is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, researchers, marketers, salespeople and engineers, all working together to develop new and innovative products that will disrupt the RIA marketplace.
Our Product designers have tremendous responsibility in shaping the team's strategic vision, understanding and communicating user needs, and working with team across the firm to prototype and build new digital experiences. We are looking for an experienced product designer who enjoys translating complex user needs into intuitive, simple, and impactful products. The product designer will partner with product managers, developers and our sales and marketing teams to key initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Collaborate effectively with product managers, engineers and stakeholders to identify the problem, desired outcome and new opportunities.
- Develop Strategy, approach and timelines for design projects in collaboration with product management and engineering.
- Move design projects through the product design process, including discovery, concept, detailed design and implementation, facilitating progress at each stage.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative user research methods iteratively to gain insights that guide your design decisions.
- Analyze and visualize user journeys, flows, processes and relationships.
- Design, visualize and communicate the user experience for our products through concepts, maps, diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity visuals and other artifacts.
- Apply a system and platform-thinking approach resulting in design patterns that fit well into the larger component-based product ecosystem.
- A portfolio that demonstrates the experience in designing and shipping large-scale product releases.
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and how they apply across web, desktop and mobile.
- Strong understanding of the product design process.
- Entrepreneurial drive and a desire to work in a commercially focused, fast-paced environment.
- Team player: Comfortable collaborating with fellow designers to deliver the best outcome.
- Adaptability: Ability to incorporate user feedback and research into continuous product enhancements.
- Ability to apply and facilitate iterative discovery, design thinking and co-creation methodologies.
- Ability to understand, balance and solve for both business and user needs.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch and InVision, as well as design systems.
- Strong design leadership skills: Capable of advocating for quality design while also acknowledging the constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree in Design, HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Experience working in an agile development environment, ideally in-house within an integrated product, engineering, and design team.
- Experience with user research, including contextual inquiry and usability testing.
- Understanding of ADA guidelines and industry standards.
- Understanding of responsive and mobile best practices to foster consistent experience across devices.
- A passion for technology and a keen interest in financial markets.
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance.
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance and technology, who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds.
- Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career.
- Be a part of a new business for Goldman Sachs and help set the course for exponential growth.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top