User Platforms Systems Engineer - Windows Engineering
The User Platform Engineering team is responsible for virtual desktop, Windows server and end user authentication platforms for Goldman Sachs. The team architects and engineers the Microsoft operating systems and enterprise products such as Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SCCM, third-party enterprise VDI products such as Citrix XenDesktop and XenServer, as well as multiple custom in-house systems management and software delivery platforms. Goldman Sachs is seeking an experienced Windows Systems engineer to be part of the User Platform Engineering team. The candidate should possess at least 5-7 years of professional experience with Windows operating systems, SCCM and Windows builds, Powershell scripting, build performance testing, and security patching. The candidate will design, engineer and support large enterprise virtual desktop environments with an initial focus on Windows building engineering and automation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers
• Operate and enhance our systems, patch and configuration management solutions to ensure Windows desktop and server platform security, consistency and reliability
• Measure, curate and analyse key telemetry data with a clear purpose of monitoring and trending systems health and performance against well defined set of KPI's
• Lead on platform and business driven projects from scoping, tracking, reporting to delivery
• Collaborate on feature design and problem solving
• Involvement in full software product lifecycle: analysis, technical design, testing, release, support
• Evaluate and test commercial solutions to help drive "Buy vs. Build" decisions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Knowledge of Windows OS internals and platform engineering experience
• Windows engineering, administration and troubleshooting skills for Microsoft Windows server and desktop platforms
• Extensive experience with one or more scripting technologies: PowerShell, Python, SQL, Windows Batch
• Experience on various enterprise products: Windows Server, VDI (Citrix, View, RDS), Virtualization (Hyper V, vSphere), System Center (SCCM, SCOM), OS Deployment, Group Policy, WSUS
• Experience with Windows build engineering, particularly experience with SCCM / MDT etc.
• Experience with large scale Windows systems management and patch management technologies and support
• Experience with designing scalable and secure infrastructure solution involving DMZ Environment
• Enterprise-level Financial Services experience is preferred
• Team player who is able to work in a fast paced, environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written)
• Experience with public cloud environments (AWS Certified Solutions Architect or equivalent)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top