User Platform - Directory Services - Linux LDAP Engineer - Windows Engineering
The Directory Services Engineering team within the User Platform Engineering organization is looking for an experienced engineer in the Linux LDAP space. This position will be working with a global team responsible for the architecture, design and development of systems supporting LDAP servers for Goldman Sachs.
The LDAP infrastructure supports wide and varied services that require high availability and performance in a secure environment. As a member of the Directory Services Engineering team, this position will help design, engineer and deploy solutions to help ensure the security, resiliency and operational health of Linux-based LDAP platforms within Goldman Sachs.
Responsibilities will also include coordinating with various technology infrastructure teams for infrastructure projects, managing systems lifecycle and evaluating existing solutions for optimizations or enhancements. The position will also be engaged in vendor management, industry analysis, product benchmarking and contributing to the technical understanding and promotion of new and existing standards, solutions and tools.
The ideal candidate will have will have a minimum of five years in management and deployment of a Linux LDAP Infrastructure, including the definition and monitoring of Service Level Objectives (SLO's). The candidate will also be familiar with identity management and federated identity concepts within medium to large enterprises.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work with a global team of highly motivated platform engineers and software developers delivering solutions specializing in a range of technologies with a remit to define and build integrated architectures for secure, scalable infrastructure services serving a diverse set of internal and external use cases
• Collaborate with Linux and LDAP engineers across Goldman Sachs to optimize and enhance the security and runtime operations of different Linux-based LDAP instances within Goldman Sachs
• Engage with LDAP consumers to collaborate on efficient and secure integration approaches for their application requirements
• Contribute to the definition, monitoring and escalation of Service Level Objectives (SLO's) for the LDAP environments using industry-standard tools to monitor and adopt to breaches of the SLO's
• Automate tasks in Linux-based scripting languages to increase efficiency of the team and detect abnormal behavior of the systems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Technical knowledge of LDAP environments in medium to large enterprises
• Sound working knowledge of Linux Operating System internals
• Experience architecting and implementing business continuity plans, recovery strategies and hardening strategies for LDAP environments
• Implementing controls and monitoring solutions to ensure appropriate security, performance, scalability and monitoring guidelines are achieved for the LDAP instances.
• Protocol-level expertise with LDAP and Kerberos
• Working knowledge of Identity Management, Single Sign On and Federated Identity principles
• Proficiency in designing, developing and testing software in Python and Java; willingness to learn and adopt new languages
• Fundamental understanding of secure application and environment design and management concepts
• Strong understanding of systems development lifecycle best practices
• Must be able to sustain a high rate of workflow and work on multiple projects
• Must have exposure to the project management role in an enterprise environment
• The person will need good verbal and written communication skills. He/she needs to show past experience in utilizing various influencing skills and be able to collaborate, communicate and deliver in a global environment
• Ability to present to management, internal client audiences or professional peers, and ability to work independently on problem solving and investigation
• Development knowledge or product expertise with Single Sign On/Access Management products (e.g., SiteMinder, OpenAM, Shibboleth), Federated Identity products (e.g., ADFS, PingFederate) or Cloud-based Identity providers (e.g. Okta, Azure AD)
• Ability to create reports on trends, perform gap analysis, perform risk analysis and provide recommendations to address deficiencies in the environment
• Expertise in operating and implementing commercial and / or open source monitoring software
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top