Urban Investment Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
CONSUMER AND COMMERCIAL BANKINGIn Goldman Sachs Bank USA, we offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals. Our teams seek to provide the highest level of customer service and support in everything we do. The Bank offers high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposit in a variety of terms.
The Urban Investment Group (UIG) is a principal investing and lending platform within the Consumer and Commercial Banking Division. UIG seeks to drive "double bottom line" results by deploying the firm's capital in urban communities across the United States, generating both financial return and social impact. The team makes debt and equity investments that finance affordable housing and economic development projects as part of the GS Bank's Community Reinvestment Act program.
As one of 12 investment professionals, the analyst / associate will be an integral member of the team and staffed on both investing and lending opportunities. The analyst / associate will be given significant responsibility on small deal teams, and is expected to form independent investment judgments on projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Review and evaluate real estate, corporate, and other investment proposals
- Analyze financials, including evaluating projections and modeling returns
- Analyze and form views on domestic real estate markets
- Conduct due diligence on developers, budgets/cash flows, zoning and market potential
- Review legal documentation
- Coordinate with internal and external groups to process transactions
- Support deal execution and take an active role in monitoring development progress
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated interest in UIG's mission and investment strategy
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people from different backgrounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail orientation
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical, client-facing , revenue division role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top