UI Engineer - Marquee
- London, United Kingdom
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs delivers digital products and services to our institutional clients. We design and build highly-scalable solutions allowing access to Goldman Sachs' content, data, analytics, risk and execution services. These solutions transform client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models. Our strategic initiatives disrupt the status-quo by innovating new businesses that unlock the power of Goldman Sachs for our clients.
Our team of engineers, designers, product managers and salespeople collaborate to drive progress within digital finance. We surround ourselves with big thinkers who thrive on tackling fresh challenges and uniting around a common vision. We move fast, embrace change and welcome fresh perspectives. Help us build the future of finance while positioned at the center of global markets.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you enthusiastic about solving complex problems in user experience, responsiveness and performance at scale? Do you enjoy optimizing the inefficiencies in the world around you, such as predicting the subway car that will arrive opposite the exit? As a member of Marquee, you'll be able to do all of these things and more while working on a cutting-edge software stack.
You will compose the best modern technologies into exceptional business solutions. Marquee treasures developer productivity and alleviates developer toil through continuous integration, standardized practices and rapid release cycles. We are anything but legacy, our stack includes the latest versions of Typescript, Swift, Kotlin, React, Webpack and others.
- Deliver beautiful User Interfaces that captivate our audience
- Work in a fast-paced environment as a self-starter
- Strive for personal and collaborative excellence in everything you do
- Engineer new solutions driven by strong analytical skills with a keen eye for design
- Collaborate efficiently within a diverse global team spanning multiple continents
- Communicate efficiently and effectively
- Solve client support issues and participate in a shared support rota
- 2+ years of professional experience developing web applications
- Ability to desi n a complex user interface with minimal assistance
- Experience with front-end development libraries such as React.JS or Angular
- Experience with mainstream web transports such as REST and WebSockets
- Familiarity with unit-testing and end-to-end testing frameworks
- Knowledge about popular design patterns and algorithms
- Knowledge of financial markets is preferred, but not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top