Trust Services, Assistant Trust Officer/Trust Officer, Associate/Vice President
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for helping families achieve their long-term financial goals, the desire to work closely with top fiduciary, tax and wealth management professionals, and the ability to think outside the box? Our Trust Officers (TO) and Assistant Trust Officers (ATO) administer trusts, estates and other fiduciary accounts for high net worth clients of Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management. We are seeking professionals who have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client’s particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. PWM professionals develop customized investment strategies and offer a full array of wealth management products and services, including private banking and corporate fiduciary services.
The Goldman Sachs Trust Company is an integral part of the Goldman Sachs private client experience. We offer an innovative approach to fiduciary administration resulting from the effective integration of GS capabilities. Our Trust Officers and Assistant Trust Officers coordinate with our Private Wealth Advisors to deliver a superior experience for our clients, while adhering to our responsibilities as a fiduciary.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Assist Trust Officers (ATO) / Administer a book of fiduciary accounts (TO) while maintaining the highest service and fiduciary standards
- Interpret and understand the trust and related documents governing each account, using as a resource senior staff, and internal and external counsel as necessary
- Prepare account regulatory reviews and discretionary distribution requests
- Coordinate and oversee tax preparation on accounts with our tax compliance service provider
- Coordinate the investment process with Trust Company investment officers and Private Wealth Advisor
- Coordinate client management with the primary relationship manager (Private Wealth Advisor)
- Attend client conference calls and meetings
- Participate in internal and external marketing efforts
- Interact with client attorneys and advisors
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with the following locations in the United States: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Miami (Florida and Latin America coverage), Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C. and West Palm Beach.
The Trust Company has offices in New York, Wilmington, Delaware and Miami. The TO/ATO position is for our New York office.
Basic QualificationsEXPERIENCE & SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 0 – 5+ years of experience administering trusts and/or estates
- College degree required
- Law degree a strong plus
- CTFA designation a plus
- Understanding of “Regulation 9” requirements and core concepts affecting fiduciary administration helpful
- Understanding of core concepts of estate planning helpful
- Basic understanding of the fiduciary investment process helpful
- Strong team orientation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to work in an autonomous, yet collaborative environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top