Treasury Services - Bank Relations Analyst
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to apply your relationship management skills while pursuing innovative risk management? The Bank Relations team is seeking a professional who is looking to partner with teams firmwide and external agent bank relationships to help facilitate maximum commercial and operational value for the firm.
Bank Relations (BR) is a global team responsible for managing strategic relationships with the firm's network of agent banks. Whilst maintaining a risk and control mind-set, the team's goals are to establish, enhance, and maintain these relationships in order to derive the maximum commercial and operational value for the firm. BR works across multiple geographies and asset classes to comply with both internal governance and external regulation to achieve a common standard of service and risk mitigation across its global agent bank network. Core components of the role include:
- Collaborate and partner with relationship managers in the region to enhance the agent bank experience with Goldman Sachs ensuring we retain best in class service levels.
- Exercise sound judgement in making optimal decisions based on cost, risk mitigation and service levels.
- Proactively identify anomalies in agent bank trade or fee data and negotiate fee schedules to achieve the firm's commercial and strategic goals.
- Represent the firm to external senior representation and at industry bodies (e.g. AFME/SIFMA, workshops).
- Evaluate new business/products/markets and collaborate across teams to represent and drive the agent bank work streams.
- Comply with internal risk frameworks and industry regulations (e.g. CASS) to reduce risk and extract maximum value from our global network, connecting with stakeholders to lobby for internal or market change.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively drive multiple initiatives
- Detail oriented with the ability to quickly identify and learn pertinent information across wide range of businesses
- Outstanding analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to combine tactical and strategic thinking being flexible with reprioritization.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of the securities industry/trade life cycles
- Familiarity with industry guidelines and concepts (e.g. KYC)
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Project management skills
DAILY TASKS INCLUDES BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Support the global Bank Relations team in proactively managing external agent bank relationships for GS to achieve the firm's commercial and strategic goals.
- Manage (including open/maintain/close) the firm's cash and securities bank accounts, including client accounts in client-specific markets.
- Work with agent banks and internal teams to complete onboarding and periodic Know Your Customer (KYC) Due Diligence processes for Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Complete bank account dormancy reviews by partnering with agent banks and business units to determine eligibility.
- Collaborate with internal divisions to progress industry and regulatory initiatives.
- Evaluate new business proposals to assess impact to account management requirements with agent bank network.
- Escalate issues and challenges in the process and suggest procedural updates that can enhance processes / workflow.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top