Treasury Operations VP - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Seeking to hire talent that has previously worked under a self-clearing / direct settlement bank that provides Cash Management services. They should have experience working in Cash Management Operations with expertise across various payment schemes such as SEPA, T2, ACH, CHAPS, BACS etc. and the operational support of processes (recalls, amendments, tracers).
The individual will assist the Payment Ops team to build our 2018 Payments strategy, including self-clear and 3rd party cash management support, and actively assist to develop an overall payments strategy as the industry evolves alongside our business needs. The ideal individual will play a key role in building our next generation capabilities in the payments space and establish the associated processes and Operations team to support them.
Payment Operations serves as the firm's central bank for processing and managing all incoming and outgoing cash movements, and monitoring transactions for compliance to legal and regulatory requirements. Our team also works actively in the payment regulation and payment infrastructure space.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Actively assist to develop an overall payments strategy as the industry evolves alongside our new business needs. The ideal individual will assist the management team to build our next generation payment capabilities and operational support model
- Establish and oversight of appropriate payment functions in EMEA including investigations, repairs, cancellations, and customer funding flows
- Work with the business to resolve cash settlement exceptions / issues and FX unwinds
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of professional and relevant payments experience. Technical knowledge in payments landscape (Target, SEPA, FPS, CHAPS, FPS, ACH, Fedwire, SWIFT) and general cash management is expected
- BA/BS degree
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to remain composed under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong client service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Strong analytical skills
- Well developed organizational skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top