Transaction Banking Operations - Client Services - Client Onboarding - Analyst/Associate - New York City
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
TRANSACTION BANKING (TxB)
We aim to build a modern and digital-first transaction banking solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
TRANSACTION BANKING OPERATIONS
TxB Operations partners with all parts of the firm to provide front to back services to transaction banking clients around the world, ranging from client onboarding, client services to transaction execution. We also provide essential risk management and controls to support the Transaction Banking business. For every new product launched and every client on-boarded, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
TxB Client Onboarding sits within Client Services and is the direct face to clients during the onboarding process. The team works closely with Sales, Legal, Compliance, Engineering, and other Operations Teams to manage risks, while ensuring the successful implementation of new client accounts. We govern the front to back onboarding process on behalf of clients and help to fill the role of a pre-account opening relationship manager in partnership with Sales. The TxB Onboarding professional is a subject matter expert in all areas of onboarding, including "Know-Your-Customer" reviews, legal agreements, regulatory requirements and product/service configuration.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the front to back client onboarding lifecycle across a variety of Transaction Banking products
- Perform "Know-Your Client", Anti-Money Laundering/ Customer Identification Due Diligence reviews, ensure compliance with internal legal policy and industry regulations
- Utilize your communication and relationship management skills to drive best in class client experience and transparency through the onboarding process
- Leverage your analytical skills to identify commercial opportunities, drive process improvements and proactively identify and mitigate risks
- Partner with Sales, Engineering and Federation teams to orchestrate the onboarding workflow and drive industry leading time to market for account opening
- Contribute ideas and propose new solutions to help shape a digital, client facing onboarding application that will be a key differentiator within the industry
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 1-4 years of experience in a related field
- Mission Driven: Must be a strong believer in the team and mission
- Inclusive Culture: Considerate to the cultural differences of team and a diverse user-base
- Proven analytical skills, an aptitude for creative thinking and solution development , and the ability to adapt and think on your feet
- Attention to detail under pressure, ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize competing urgent requests
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to explain complex issues to a wide array of internal and external stakeholders with differing levels of familiarity with the onboarding process
- Risk Manager who is prudent in escalating potential risk to the Firm
- Previous experience in client-facing roles
- Ability to drive revenue opportunities for Transaction Banking products across target client base
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to senior leadership
- Excel at partnering with stakeholders across the firm to deliver "One Goldman Sachs" to clients
- Self-motivated and organized individual interested in a fast-paced and rapidly evolving organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top