MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do - At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. We change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas and solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients.
Our engineering teams build scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategistgroups, is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For - Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Transaction Banking (TxB) brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers,web experts, infrastructure engineers and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers manage their payments in innovative ways.Transaction BankingTxB aims to provide comprehensive cash management solutions for GS and other financial institutions. TxB combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide the best client experience. Through the use of modern technologies centered on data and analytics, we provide customers with powerful tools that aregrounded in value, transparency and simplicity to improve cash flow managementefficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Team:The Cloud Platform team is a global team responsible for engineering the public cloud platform to support our brand new Payment Platform. Working in close partnership with application teams building the new system, Cloud Engineering are responsible foridentifying and securing the public cloud services required, automating theirprovisioning, and building a highly resilient and scalable infrastructure which willdifferentiate our offering from the competition.
The Role: We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious software engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing secure, cutting-edge cloud computing capabilities. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced DevOps environment. This is a very hands-on role that requires daily coding.
- Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding, useable, and unobtrusive experience for development teams building and deploying their applications into public cloud environments
- Help to define, communicate and promote best practices for public cloud application development across the department
- Develop software and tooling to secure and automate cloud infrastructure and software delivery capabilities
- Design and operation of a Kubernetes environment for container management and orchestration
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and other tools
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions
- Experience supporting complex production application environments
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications in an Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, deployment, and configuration management tools in a DevOps environment
- Experience meeting demands for high availability and scale
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams
- Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate requirements into technical solutions
- Experience working in a Linux environment, including system engineering, highavailability design, performance analysis, network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of container technologies: Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands on experience in Amazon web services
- Experience using infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience in one of the Configuration management system (e.g. Ansible, Salt)
- Experience in CICD (Preferably gitlab)
- Experience with Identity platforms like PING or Okta
- Experience with mobile application infrastructure, API platforms, user sessionmanagement, and the mechanics of TLS termination
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity