MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Engineering plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Engineering we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
With over 500 unique daily users of our framework across the Global Markets division, your impact is unbounded. The fixed income market is pushing toward higher volumes and a more automated world. We are making automation core to our derivatives capital commitment businesses and furthering our goal of providing our clients with differentiated content and access to liquidity. In particular, we are incrementally automating our pricing, quoting and risk management by taking an API and service-driven approach within our platform. Through this initiative, which is being externalized as a core offering delivered through Marquee, the division's digital storefront, our clients will have access to our derivative businesses in a more innovative and scalable way than ever before. This role is suited to developers who want to leverage best-in-class modern technologies to partner closely with the trading & sales desks and strategists to revolutionize and transform the way our derivatives businesses operate on a day-to-day basis.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Expand and drive the business by using technology to access new client channels
- Developing full-stack solutions to scale rapidly growing business lines through technology and automation
- Help create a modern derivatives business focused on efficiency, risk management, and client needs
- Minimum 5 years of Java programming experience
- Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with core programming concepts and techniques (e.g. concurrency, memory management)
- Comfort with standard SDLC tools, e.g. version control systems, diff-ing tools
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines
- Experience guiding or leading more junior developers
- Enterprise development experience
- Experience with several of the following: Apache Kafka; ElasticSearch; Vert.x 3+; Real-time systems; Large-scale, distributed systems; Compilers; Financial engineering; User interface technologies; Modern webstacks; Databases; Functional programming; Test engineering
- Experience working closely with sales, trading and quantitative analysts turning insights and requirements into action.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity