Trade Management Analyst - London
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Are you looking to be part of a team who actively collaborates with stakeholders across the Investment Management Division for the implementation of derivative trading lines and trading platforms? We are seeking a professional who is looking to work with multiple teams across the Investment Management Division and with external broker dealers and vendors.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is part of the Investment Management Division of the firm. GSAM Operations provides service delivery and risk management in order to create a rigorous control environment for the investment management process. It consists of three broad functional areas, Portfolio Data & Control, Client Management, and Trade Management. The Trade Management team has primary responsibility for all aspects of trade flow, settlement, risk management and counterparty liaison. The group has extensive interaction with internal and external parties both to ensure effective oversight for existing business but also to shape and implement solutions for new products, strategies and systems. Trade Management consists of four functional areas: Pre-Trade, Trade, Post-Trade & Business & Market Solutions (BMS).
As a member of the Pre-Trade Team, you will be primarily responsible for coordinating and managing the opening and maintenance of derivative trading lines with brokers to support the launch and ongoing management of GSAM Funds and Separate Account Mandates.
The role involves building strong internal relationships with key contacts within the GSAM business, compliance, legal and other operations teams; as well as the opportunity to work closely with our external trading counterparts. The ability to manage multiple deliverables, prioritise, meet deadlines and communicate to all levels of the organisation is critical to this role. The ability to navigate legal documents as well as local regulatory requirements are key skills for this role.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This is a highly interactive role and as such requires the capability to work effectively with a diverse range of professionals both internally and externally, covering a wide variety of products and functions.
- Work with trading counterparties to provide the necessary documentation and information to allow them to conduct credit reviews and open derivative trading lines
- Partner with the Trading Desks to understand investment and trading strategies to be able to provide suitable trading line coverage
- Work closely with Legal, once they negotiate legal documents to support the operational set up of accounts with trading counterparties
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the GSAM legal documents and structure - e.g. IMAs, ISDAs, GMRAs
- Identify potential risks in operational processes; develop and implement controls to mitigate risk
- Analyse, suggest and execute process improvements
- Coordinate controls and sign-offs both internally and externally
- Manage relationships with key trading counterparts including performance metrics and issue tracking
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years of experience in financial services
- Proven analytical skills, problem solving ability, and a control mentality paired with meticulous attention to detail
- Aptitude for building relationships and ability to communicate complex issues to a wide array of internal clients with differing levels of product experience
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, who takes ownership and accountability of projects, has strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Credit or On boarding experience strongly preferred
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to Manage multiple deliverables and prioritize accordingly to meet completing deadlines
- Sounds understanding of Risk - operational, reputational, client confidentiality
- Basic understanding of regulatory landscape
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top