Third Party Distribution, Platform Solutions Group, Business Development Sales, Analyst
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world’s leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today’s dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world’s leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
We are seeking a Business Development Analyst to join our Platform Solutions Group (PSG) within the Third Party Distribution (TPD). This analyst will work with all of our clients across their outsourcing, insurance, and retirement services businesses. As part of this role, the analyst will partner with the broader sales team to help build a pipeline of new opportunities and service existing accounts, primarily from a due diligence perspective. The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years’ experience with background in business development covering the institutional or subadvised space being preferred.
TPD sits within GSAM and is responsible for serving clients and driving sales via financial intermediaries including banks, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, RIAs, retirement platforms, insurance companies and asset managers. Our Platform Solutions Group (PSG), within TPD, includes the TPD Insurance Solutions, Subadvisory, Hedge FoF, and Retirement channels. The PSG team consists of over 30 Sales & Client Service professionals based both in NY and around the US distributing GSAM’s Global Equity, Fixed Income, Alternative and Customized Asset Allocation solutions.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work alongside the Platform Solutions Group to strategically position new strategies for clients and prospects
- Support existing relationships with ongoing investment due diligence and relationship management
- GSAM point of contact for our most critical platform due diligence teams
- Manage/coordinate preparation for product introduction meetings including attendance of appropriate GSAM personnel and production of presentation decks
- Manage/coordinate preparation for subsequent meetings, additional requests for information, periodic communications
- Develop complete understanding of the GSAM value proposition which includes market insights, effective portfolios & practices, and lasting investment solutions
- Develop strong knowledge of the insurance distribution market including legal and regulatory issues
Basic QualificationsSKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 0-2 years-experience
- Knowledge of investment vehicles preferred but not required
- Strong analytical and relationship-building skills
- Attention to detail with a sense of urgency a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top