Testing Engineer - Runtime Engineering
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
We aim to build a modern and digital-first cash management solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Runtime Engineering is a global team responsible for enabling rapid application development while maintaining a high quality standard of the production runtime environment. The TxB Division is heavily invested in Agile methodology, and a key part of CICD includes automated testing with metrics to support delivery/deployment and runtime quality.
We are looking to hire a senior Build and Release Engineer to design and build release pipelines for a cloud based environment. This is an opportunity to establish best practices, define tools and processes, and contribute to the reliability and scalability of software delivery for an Enterprise scale development team. The environment is highly complex, regulated and extremely dynamic as new projects, existing maintenance, and integrations are a constant.
The successful candidate must be able to collaborate directly with software engineers, platform/cloud engineers, quality assurance engineers, scrum masters, product managers and other stakeholders to manage and coordinate deployments across multiple environments. They will be owners and are expected to build and manage all aspects of the end to end SDLC process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Collaborate with engineering and operations teams to develop, implement and support automated CI/CD pipelines and related dashboards, improving on build, deployment, and test pipelines
- Establish processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the use of static and dynamic analysis tools.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code, AWS Services, with particular emphasis on those that are heavily used when providing DevOps Automation solutions (such as Teraform, GitLab, CloudWatch, EC2, IAM, S3, RDS and VPC)
- Own and proactively advance the Release Management process and strategy for an enterprise team
- Help to design and enforce code quality standards.
- A passion for quality assurance, Continuous Integration testing methodologies, and change control.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in hands-on testing and 3+ years of experience as a manager.
- Exceptional understanding of the integration between automated software test and the build process.
- Experience in managing resources and area ownership within a distributed and adaptable model.
- Have a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive.
- Ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral. Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and to be able to synthesize the results.
- Comfortable working both individually and on a team.
- Previous experience with AWS Services.
- Experience in building system automation tools.
- Experience evaluating and integrating open source and in-house developed toolsets.
- Experience in agile development methodologies with continuous integration and delivery.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top