Technology - Technology Risk - Security Engineer - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. The key focus areas of this role are monitoring and responding to security events generated by various tools, handling data from cyber intelligence feeds, and supporting a variety of security tools within the banking environment.
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain. GLOBAL RISK MEASUREMENT & ANALYTICS identifies control weakness, adherence to regulatory requirements, and allows for the continuous control monitoring of individual key performance indicators that demonstrate the value of information security. This program leverages tools and modeling to ensure technology policies and standards address critical risks and adequately address regulatory expectations throughout the Firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Monitor/respond to alerts generated from security tools, perform investigations on the alerts, and take appropriate actions according to incident response anomalous processes
- Coordinate closely with other members of the information security team as well as the fraud investigations team in incident investigations
- Monitor cyber intelligence feeds for activity pertinent to the Bank and engage with peers in the industry to share ideas and threat intelligence ? Work closely with other IT teams on coordination of security control adjustments
- Configure and tune Web Application Firewall rules and monitor/respond to anomalous activity
- Provide constant communication to keep the executive management and operational teams informed of pertinent issues
- Evaluate and communicate banking industry security risks and solutions to business partners and IT management/staff
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills ? Able to communicate appropriately to both technical and management audiences
- Strong experience working with leading SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) tools
- General knowledge of financial services regulatory environment including FFIEC and GLBA
- Broad understanding of security and technology including current security threats, access control, security event monitoring and analysis, incident response, networking, databases, operating systems, middleware
- Working knowledge of a broad range of current IT security platforms and technologies
- Experience managing web application firewalls (WAF?s) for consumer-facing websites
- Financial services and internet banking experience
- Knowledge of ACH, wire, and money movement processes/controls
- Experience working with cyber intelligence feeds
- Industry-recognized security certification such as CISSP, CISA, or CEH
- Data-analytics experience with fraud or web threat detection and mitigation
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top