Technology - Technology Risk - Measurement Data Science - Vice President - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain.
Global Risk and Measurement Analytics identifies control weakness, adherence to regulatory requirements, and allows for the continuous control monitoring of individual key performance indicators that demonstrate the value of information security. This program leverages tools and modeling to ensure technology policies and standards address critical risks and adequately address regulatory expectations throughout the Firm. The measurement and analytics team within Technology Risk is tasked with building and managing technology solutions that help the Firm protect its information assets, while measuring and managing risk. Establishing a sound set of security solutions is a key mission for the measurement and analytics team; and is central to the success of the Technology Risk organization.
We are looking for a motivated, curious, insightful and technically savvy data scientist to join our Technology Risk Data Science team. In addition to possessing superior analytic skills, the Data Science team member will know how to:
- Prospect for 'sponsored' exploratory analysis projects
- Extract and frame the most salient 'headlines' arising from the data
- Tell stories with the data
- Develop the Data Science team's skills, and mentor younger staff
- Market and promote the Data Science team's work
- Design, implement, and maintain multiple data collection and ingestion processes, supporting critical risk management functions.
- Contribute to architectural discussions and drive continuous improvement of the data platforms supporting Technology Risk.
- Drive the adoption of enterprise data technologies to improve the reliability and scalability of implemented solutions.
- Work closely with technology partners to leverage distributed computing systems, adhere to development best practices and standards, and build reusable and extendable solutions.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, tools, and techniques in the areas data collection and analysis.
- Hypothesize, plan and execute exploratory analyses, using data collected from sources throughout the firm
- Develop the team's research agenda and prospect list of internal sponsors -Prototype analytics that measure the effectiveness of technology risk controls
- Create ad hoc data sets in response to inquiries from internal clients (SIRT, Advisory, etc) -Present findings to sponsors and internal audiences -Define the data science features needed by the firm's internal analytics workbench software (MaaP)
- Demonstrated expertise with data science techniques such as clustering, machine learning, regression, natural language -Language proficiency in R, Python/NumPy, Scala, Pig etc
- General query and scripting ability (SQL, perl, python, powershell, etc)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree or higher preferred
- 10+ years experience in data analytics, data science or statistics
- Small-Medium scale team, project and management skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing
- Strong analytic and problem solving ability
- Experience working as part of a global team
- A passion for, and understanding of, information security and risk management
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top