Technology - Technology Risk - Measurement Cyber Security Engineer
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Technology Risk organization is a key part of the Goldman Sachs technology organization, and encompasses Information Security, Business Continuity and Risk Advisory functions.
The measurement and analytics team within Technology Risk is tasked with building and managing technology solutions that help the Firm protect its information assets, while measuring and managing risk. Establishing a sound set of security solutions is a key mission for the measurement and analytics team; and is central to the success of the Technology Risk organization.
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically savvy cyber security engineer for our Technology Risk measurement and analytics team. This position will be based in Irving, Texas.
- Integrate and automate the firm’s suite of information security sensors, tools and applications.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, techniques, and practices in the areas of malware detection, network defense, data leakage protection, vulnerability management, and data analysis.
- Contribute to the technical understanding and adoption of information security standards, solutions and tools.
- Deliver custom, leading-edge technology solutions that empower the firm’s surveillance and incident response teams.
- Own and manage the full lifecycle of security tools and technology solutions that support the firm’s cyber security mission.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and services.
- In-depth knowledge of several network and platform security technologies:
- Network and host IDS/IPS
- Anti-virus and endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions
- Dynamic and static malware analysis
- Network and host forensic tools
- DLP solutions
- Web proxy servers
- Log management and SIEM. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Pig, and Spark is a plus
- Vulnerability scanning solutions
- Strong process automation and scripting ability (perl, python, powershell, etc)
Basic Qualifications•Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in information security engineering, architecture, and operations.
- Small-Medium scale project and management skills.
Preferred Qualifications•Strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytic and problem solving ability.
- Experience working as part of a global team.
- Experience architecting and engineering enterprise security tools in a complex global environment.
- A passion for, and understanding of, information security and risk management.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top