Technology - Technology Risk - Data Platform Engineer
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Technology Risk organization is a key part of the Goldman Sachs technology organization, and encompasses Information Security, Business Continuity and Risk Advisory functions.
The measurement and analytics team within Technology Risk is tasked with building and managing technology solutions that help the Firm protect its information assets, while measuring and managing risk. Establishing a sound set of security solutions is a key mission for the measurement and analytics team; and is central to the success of the Technology Risk organization.
We are looking for a highly motivated and technically savvy data platform engineer for our Technology Risk measurement and analytics team. This position will be based in Irving, Texas.
- Design, implement, and maintain multiple data collection and ingestion processes, supporting critical risk management functions.
- Contribute to architectural discussions and drive continuous improvement of the data platforms supporting Technology Risk.
- Drive the adoption of enterprise data technologies to improve the reliability and scalability of implemented solutions.
- Work closely with technology partners to leverage distributed computing systems, adhere to development best practices and standards, and build reusable and extendable solutions.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, tools, and techniques in the areas data collection and analysis.
- Strong scripting ability in one or more languages (e.g. perl, python, bash).
- Strong knowledge of DDL and DML for relational database technologies such as DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, and Sybase.
- Extensive knowledge of big data and NoSQL technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB, Hive, Pig and Spark.
- Experience using file and data transfer technologies such as Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, syslog, and FTP.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, and the development of physical and logical models.
- Knowledge of with log management solutions such as Splunk, LogRhythm, ElasticSearch/LogStash/Kibana, or a SIEM product is a plus.
- Familiarity with SCRUM or similar agile discipline is preferred.
Basic Qualifications•Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining ETL and data flow processes in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred or other professional qualifications.
- 5+ years of related Information Technology experience.
- Small-medium scale project management skills.
Preferred Qualifications•Clear communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and analytical ability.
- The ability to work both individually, and as part of a global team.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top