Technology - Technology Risk - Analytics and Governance - Associate - New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Goldman Sachs Technology Risk is leading threat, risk analysis and data science initiatives that are helping to protect the firm and our clients from information and cyber security risks. Our team equips the firm with the knowledge and tools to measure risk, identify and mitigate threats and protect against unauthorized disclosure of confidential information for our clients, internal business functions, and our extended supply chain. Global Risk Measurement and Analytics identifies control weakness, adherence to regulatory requirements, and allows for the continuous control monitoring of individual key performance indicators that demonstrate the value of information security. This program leverages tools and modeling to ensure technology policies and standards address critical risks and adequately address regulatory expectations throughout the Firm.
Technology Risk acts as a risk advisor, control monitor and metrics aggregator for the Technology Division. Within Technology Risk, Technology Division Risk encompassing Risk Governance and Technology Regulatory and Audit Coordination is responsible for governance coordination for the EMEA Technology Division; Risk Council; maintenance of the Technology Division SIF / SMF evidence materials and operation of the quarterly Tech Division Senior Management Attestation process; maintenance of the Technology Division regulatory interactions landscape; timely preparation and quality of committee and working group meeting materials and effective follow-up of agreed actions.
You will join one of the most progressive Technology Risk teams in the industry which continues to push the development of effective governance processes and supporting management information for the Technology Division. You will help coordinate content for various committees, board and council presentations as well as other regional reports; including development of analytics to support deep-dives into CIO Dashboard Measures, ensuring the quality of overall content of materials and the timely delivery to Committee / group members. In addition, you will be responsible for the developing new analytics opportunities, process, tooling improvements and automation across the team?s areas of responsibility including the SMF18 Attestation process. You will work closely with regional teams to ascertain requirements and with the global Tech Risk Measurements team to produce production metrics and dashboards. The position will report into the London Manager of Technology Division Risk.
Goldman Sachs has one of the most progressive Technology Risk teams in the industry and is continuing to push the development of risk in preference to security within technology and the business. Year on year success has lead the team to work deeper into the organisation and gain valuable insights into how technology needs to function, what its risk really is and how this impacts the business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Technology Risk function by prototyping, developing and rolling out production analytics and associated visualizations in the areas of data risk management, risk governance, information security, business continuity, and technology resilience, working closely with the Global Measurement team, Technology Risk Officers and Programme Owners.
- Development and enhancement of existing TechRisk MI, dashboards and processes to support the governance function and regional reporting requirements.
- Proto-typing of ad-hoc analytics to define requirements for production development.
- Identify opportunities for tooling and process improvements and automation.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, tools and techniques in the area of data analysis and visualization and their applicability to Technology Risk.
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels and the ability to develop and maintain good relationships
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently, analyze problems and act decisively with minimal management oversight.
- Communicates status and risks in a succinct, direct and open manner
- Managing global client relationships and working as part of a global team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor degree or higher in the field of Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research or Information/Cyber Security
- An understanding of any one, or more, of the following Technology Risk domains to include information security, business continuity, technology resilience, and risk assurance, risk governance
- Experience in any one, or more, of the following is preferred but not required: Use of data analytics and/or analysis in the context of Technology risk.
- Experience prototyping and developing risk analytics in tools such as Tableau and Qlikview
- Experience working as part of a global team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top