Technology – Technology Infrastructure – Conference Operator
Purpose: The Conference Operators perform telephone support for both internal callers as well as external clients. Additionally, operators will manage operator-assisted conference calls for GS’s senior firm members.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse clients
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- For Conference Operators, flexible work schedule involving some evenings and weekends required
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to adapt to new programs and applications
- Works well under pressure
- Shows initiative and drive
- Has the ability to work as an effective team member
- Must have at least 2 years experience as a Conference Operator
Basic QualificationsDuties and Responsibilities:
- Answers all incoming calls in a prompt, polite, professional manner, transferring them to the appropriate person or department quickly.
- Takes detailed messages when call cannot be completed including caller’s name, telephone number, time of call, and information requested.
- Screens incoming calls as requested by managers.
- Develops knowledge of environment in order to respond to callers who have general inquiries.
- Manages operator-assisted conference calls for GS’s senior firm members
- Ensures the successful recording of calls for playback as required by the business
- Maintain logs of calls placed and any additional information required for various reports or special projects
- Must maintain a pleasant and positive demeanor while answering phone inquiries (“a smile in your voice”)
- Must stay calm in highly stressful situations and be knowledgeable of emergency procedures
- Requires high attention to detail and exceptional listening skills
- Must be flexible with shift support as well as on call rotation weekend support. Possible Shifts include:
4:30am – 1:00pm
6:00am – 2:30pm
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top